Chapter 17

A/N - Trigger warning. Mentions of violence at the start. Skip all the italics if it makes you uncomfortable.

Italics are in Y/n's head, underlined is spoken words in English

Y/N POV

It started out much the same as any other day had. Wake up at 3am. Down a coffee in the hopes that you can be more functional. Head outside and start working on the farm, feeding the animals and checking on the calves and foals. By 5am, you're waking up your father, handing him breakfast and making sure he has lunch before he heads off to work. 6am sees you doing the same for your mother, but instead you leave the house with her. She is a teacher at your high school, and unfortunately you don't have a license yet. The school is almost an hour drive away. There's no way you could make it there by walking. Lunch rolls round, and you haven't eaten anything yet. You don't have the money to buy lunch, and there wasn't enough food in the house. Not that it matters. You're used to not eating, so much so that you don't even feel hungry anymore. After school sees you return home with your mother, your father arriving not long after. You mend some fences on the farm, feed all the animals, of which there are lots, then head inside to make dinner. As is normal. You've been cooking all the family meals since you were six anyways, so why would that change? After serving everyone else, you put aside what little is left for your own dinner, then do the clean up. By the time you finish eating and cleaning, it's after 10pm. You still have homework and assignments to do. Anything less than 100% will see you in a world of trouble.

There's a noise behind you, the sound of shoes on the tiles. Looking around, you can't see anyone else in the house. The sound of a door creaking has you out of your chair. Slowly, you leave the light and the safety of your room and creep through the house. Every shadow looks more ominous than normal. Ears straining, you wait, hoping to either hear a sound confirming your fears, or none at all, proving that burning the midnight oil is starting to get to you. The scuff of shoes has you on alert. The only thing ahead of you is your parents room, and there is no way they would be awake at this hour, much less have shoes on. Holding your breath, you creep forward slowly, opening the door as silently as possible. Peering around the door frame, you're met with the sight of a stranger, clad in black, holding a large knife. They step forward and raise the knife, ready to strike. You lunge through the doorway trying to grab their arm.

"No please stop!" they shake you off, and prepare again. At your scream, your parents awaken, fear evident on their faces. You get up and struggle with the stranger, grappling for power over the knife. "Call the police!" you yell at your parents. They flee the room, leaving you to fend for yourself. The stranger knocks you to the ground.

"How dare you interrupt me girlie. You've cost me my pay. I'll make you regret this" he says menacingly, slowly advancing with the knife.

"Please no! Help! Someone help me! Please!"

You jerk awake, fearful and frantic. You can hear the phantom laugh, feel the sting of the knife again. Realising there's someone leaning over you, you pull away, trying to make yourself as small a target as possible. A sob forces its way out your throat.

"Please don't hurt me! Please. I was just trying to protect them. Please just leave me alone" you beg.

"Y/n wake up. It's us. It's ok" says Yoongi, reaching to comfort you, both physically and through the soulmate bond. At the sight of the stranger getting closer to you, you shriek.

"No! Please just leave me alone! Please!" Namjoon pushes himself forward, forcing Yoongi aside.

"Y/n. You're ok. You're safe. It's us. It's BTS. You're safe. It's ok." Namjoon says reassuringly. He continues it like a litany watching you slowly calm down. Looking up properly, you blink sluggishly, looking around. Everyone was staring at you, terrified at what had just happened. You felt like crap, you always do after that dream. It wasn't one of the better ones. Last time you had it, you'd woken up and spent the next half an hour puking up your guts.