Chapter 32

100% not proof read - see notes

Y/N POV

Thank God it's lunchtime you think to yourself. Despite it only being your first day on the job, it's been hectic. 'Thrown in the deep end' 'hit the ground running' kind of hectic. Where does all this paperwork even come from? Soo-nim (your manager) had decided that the sooner you were up to speed the better. Fortunately this meant you were spared from the normal coffee and gopher tasks a new employee would be subjected to. Unfortunately this meant you were already expected to have the capabilities of a long term employee. Which wouldn't have been too bad, except then you had proved yourself competent at handling paperwork which you swear belonged in the legal department, not HR. At least everyone had been kind and welcoming. All the staff had been so friendly towards you, with not even the slightest bit of negativity thrown your way. Sure there was the usual 'stressed out' atmosphere that seemed synonymous with 'office jobs', but none of the other staff members had projected their stress towards you. To be honest, it was starting to freak you out. Were humans even this nice normally? Have you ever seen this many friendly people in one place? When lunch time had finally come round you had politely declined your coworkers offer of eating together, instead opting to find a quiet place to eat. You seriously needed a little quiet to try to process everything. As you left the main office of your department, you realised you hadn't brought any lunch with you. Was it worth braving the cafeteria right now? Just the thought of the sheer number of people and noise likely to be down there made you shudder. Looking down at your phone, you realised you had missed some messages.

Bangtan Fam

Sunshine: Hey! Hope everything is going well

Sunshine: Remember to smile! It'll all work out!

MuscleKook: I gift you these wise words

MuscleKook: Let's Get It!!!!

WWH: Don't forget to eat lunch today Y/N!

ChimChim: Just stay calm. I know you can do it!

KingTae: If anything happens you can just tell me

King Tae: I'll fix it for you princess

ChimChim: What he said ^^^

Yoonie: ^^^

LeaderJoon: ^^^

LeaderJoon: Don't forget Y/n, you're capable of anything you set your mind too

WWH: What Joonie said. Also, don't think I won't check if you've eaten lunch later

Looking at all those messages made you smile fondly. Reading them again you realise that someone has changed all the names in the group chat (again). The names make you giggle a little. From previous experience you're fairly sure it's Taehyung's work. As you reach the lifts your phone starts to buzz. Looking down at the caller id, you're startled when you realise it's Yoongi.

"Hello?" you answer timidly. In your mind there is absolutely no reason why Yoongi would be calling you right now.

"Hey Y/n. I saw you read the group message. I'm guessing you're on lunch right now?" Yoongi asks.

"Yeah, I am actually." you reply.

"Cool. Did you want to come and eat with me in my studio?" he offers. The chance to see the inside of the famous Genius Lab? Who wouldn't jump at the chance.