Prologue

Mai was always a quiet student but somehow managed to get in Slytherin, a lot of people thought the hat was wrong, that it was an accident. But Mai had an unnerving talent for planning on a large scale, which is assisted with her ability to hold a grudge and brew on it for months, years even. 

But there's a deeper secret that has been torturing Mai since the day she was informed, She was a maledictus. It tore her up inside with the knowledge she'd be a large black owl with piercing blue eyes for the rest of her life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Start of story:                                                                                                                                         Third person

Mai sat on the train, watching people flood into the train and find seats, this worried her even more because she wasn't a people watcher before, but now she couldn't help it but just, stare. Thankfully nobody knew yet, not even Dumbledore. She didn't want people to pity her because it would just remind her of her inevitable cursed fate. 

Her piercing blue eyes travelled to the window, letting a soft sigh as she watched the scenery come and go, it truly was stunning, but she's seen it all before: multiple times. she was a fifth year now, still had no friends and loved to study. 

She already had her Slytherin robes on and sat silently on the train.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                                                                                                                                                                  Mai POV:

I walked out the train, trailing behind, my gaze looked over everyone nearby, mostly familiar faces but I knew none on a personal level, I let out a small sigh and began to follow the crowd to the carriages and climbed into an empty one. two people climbed in after, identical twins. I knew who they were, just didn't know how to tell them apart, a young Fred and George Weasley.

"Hey beautiful" George started

"what's your name?" Fred finished off. making me giggle a little with him finishing his brothers sentence off.

"Mai. . . Mai Graves" I muttered softly, putting my eyes to the ground.

"For a Slytherin your awfully shy"

"and quiet" They both said. I just nodded gently, a smile twitching onto my lips.

Timeskip

It didn't take long until I was sitting at the Slytherin table in the great hall and watching the new first years being walked down the center by Professor McGonagall, I realized I was staring again and tore my eyes away, shaking my head. I looked over at the staff table while McGonagall was explaining the hat, but her voice just became background noise as my light blue eyes met the obsidian black eyes of Professor Snape. I flinched under his powerful and intimidating gaze and focused on my hands, hiding behind my hair once again. Questions fly around my head, why was he staring at me? Did he find out my secret? That thought filled me with anxiety.

Before I know the food was in front of us and everyone was eating. I picked up a wing and began to eat it, The taste was different then it should be but it didn't bother me anymore. I ate some more until Professor Snape walked around the table giving out timetables.

"Ahem. . . Miss Graves" His stone cold monotone voice vibrated from behind her, causing me to jump in surprise and look at him, calming down when I noticed that Professor Snape was behind me. His eyes gleamed with amusement at scaring me and silently handing me my timetable before walking off to hand the rest.

Timeskip

I sat in my dorm room solemnly after the large feast, it's very late at night and I can't sleep, I can see a lot better in the dark then I use to and I'm beginning to panic. Is the process happening quicker then I thought? I hate to admit but. . . I'm scared.