Chapter 7 - Nightly Cravings

Mai POV:

I sat in my room like per usual, unable to sleep and the stars begging me to come out through the water. The unusual craving began to make my stomach churn and I sighed, throwing a hoodie and trousers on and slip out into the dark silent common room. I made my way out into the dungeon halls and walked down to a side door that lead outside, same door as last time. 

I wandered out a little into the night and sat down looking over the water of the black lake, watching the moon's reflection shimmer gracefully overtop. Thoughts ran through my head, the deal, the fact sleeping has become more difficult and I'm starting to fear that the end of my human life is drawing closer and will happen much sooner then I anticipated or wanted.

My mind was drawn out at the sudden movement beside me, and I saw Professor Snape silently sitting down next to me. "Same as the other night?" He asked softly, not looking at me.

"Worse. I began to feel sick and ache this time, last time it was just a urge" I replied with, looking down at the grass and hugging my knees, we sat in comfortable silence for a short time before he broke the silence.

"I'm sorry you're going through this." He spoke, "I'm just a witness to what you're going through and it even pains me to just see you suffer." 

My gaze slowly looks to him, "I'm scared professor Snape, I truly am scared. It's going to happen sooner then we all think it will and I'm not ready to be stuck as an owl for my whole life." I sighed in defeat and my gaze looks back down at the grass.

"That's understandable, Just. Know that my classroom is open to you owl or not. you should head back to bed before you oversleep again" He said with a small chuckle.

I groaned in annoyance. "I'm not tired Professor."

Professor Snape chuckled and got up behind me and picked me up, putting me on my feet. "Come on, lets get you inside otherwise I'll begin calling you Birdie"

I burst out in laughter and steadied my feet and balanced properly. "Birdie? I like that nickname, its cute" Professor Snape's face is flushed with embarrassment yet he seems proud he made me laugh. 

"Birdie it is then" He scoffed, trying to keep a straight face but failed miserably. I smiled and let him lead me back to the common room. 

"goodnight Professor"

"Goodnight Birdie"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry the Chapter is sort of short, kinda wanted a small bonding chapter with Mai and Snape but I didn't have much of an idea of how to lengthen it. Hope your enjoying the story because I'm enjoying writing it