Chapter 1 - Side Effects

Mai POV:

My eyes fluttered open and sighed, looking out the window I saw it was still dark, the stars twinkling out and shining warmly through the dark murky water. Something is just beckoning me to go out, its aching my bones so I blindly follow my body, getting dressed in my robes and walking out in the dark cold corridors of the dungeons. My footsteps were silent as I walked through the stone corridors and out into the night air. I stood looking up at the sky. 

My feet continued walking shortly after, further away from the door and into the night, I could see as if it were daytime despite the stars shining brightly overhead. I looked around in awe at how beautiful the grounds are in the dark. But the feeling didn't last long as my eyes snapped to something in the distance. Approaching.

I squinted my eyes to see Professor Snape swiftly walking towards me, his piercing eyes glued on me.

"fuck" I muttered softly as I backed off slightly and tried to head to the door to escape him. But the hand grabbing ahold of my wrist and dragging me back seemed to prevent that.

"Well. . .if it isn't Miss Graves. What are you doing out. Its way. past. curfew." He said coolly, his black abyss eyes staring directly into my eyes. 

"I..I don't know. I just suddenly had the urge to come outside" I muttered while breaking eye-contact and looking at my shoes. 

He eyed me for a second before dragging me back inside while speaking. "I shall escort you back to your Common room and I expect you to stay put there" I nodded gently and replied with a soft "yes professor".

He slammed the door with wandless magic, just a simple flick of his wrist, despite it being a small action its brilliant. 

We eventually reach the common room and he says the password, letting the painting open and pushing me in. 

Snape's POV:

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair as the painting door closed, what the hell was she doing out this early in the morning, what did she mean by 'sudden urge to come outside'? Her eyes showed more meaning to what she said despite how innocent it sounded. 

Shaking my head I began to make my way to my classroom, my cloak billowing behind me as per usual while my brain tries to wrap around the situation. I'm so confused to why I care as well, Probably because she's a Slytherin. I paced through my classroom deep in thought before slumping into my chair with a heavy sigh. She's hiding something and I want to get to the bottom of it. 

A/N: I know this chapter is short, I wanted to show the affects Mai is having.