Chapter 19 - Crabbe + Goyle

Mai POV:

I landed in Dumbledore's office once more. This time he takes notice of me instantly.

"Welcome back once again Mai, This time you'll be heading to the Crabbe Manor. The Goyles will be there too, so it'll be two letters your carrying. think you can handle that?" He asked with a twinkle in his eye. His tone is laced with gratification. I nodded and took one letter in my beak and the other in one of my talons before heading to the window once more.

I cooed out a goodbye before leaving through said window. Trailing down the side of the tower and into the courtyard, flying above the grass and over Madam Hooch's head, causing her to jump slightly to the amusement of her students, lucky for her she wasn't in the air yet.

"That was very irresponsible of you Mai!" Madam Hooch yelled up to her causing the students around her to snicker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I dodged trees until I found a break in the leaves big enough for me to fly through, heavily regretting on taking the scenic forest route. My wings pounded the air before steadying out, letting me lower down to the nearing mansion.

I soared to a closed window and gently pecked, grabbing the attention of a nearby house-elf who rather quickly scurried over to open the window.

"Mr Crabbe! An Owl with letters has arrived!" The small house-elf called out. An older man approached and looked between the house elf and me. He rather meticulously and gently plucked the two letters from my beak, turns out it's more difficult with the two then just the one. 

The man looked between the two before calling out. "Vincent! Gregory! It's for you!" Before long two boys came speeding round the corner and snatching the letters from Mr. Crabbe. But my attention was stolen by a faintly familiar clunking of a cane on the ground.

I landed on the sofa and waited. Lucius Malfoy rounding the corner chattering to another older man who I can only presume to be Mr. Goyle. But he falls quiet when his eyes land on me, a small smile stretching across his face and he offers the tip of his cane out in a similar fashion as before. Which I take again and steady myself with my wings.

"If it isn't my new Hogwarts friend. I hope they are treating you well there" Lucius spoke as he drew me in softly, petting under my chin with his gloves on. "This was the owl I was talking about. Gorgeous creature isn't it?" It definitely confused me to why everyone thought I was a gorgeous bird. Sure my owl form was pretty, But surely not enough to go singing and dancing to everyone about it.

"Definitely, Some child wrote home to their father that they were scared of it. Says it packs a scary stare" The man next to Lucius spoke with a smile. "Shame you didn't find it before Hogwarts did. Surely she'd make a splendid personal owl for you to take everywhere." 

"Shame indeed. Oh well, I'm sure she'll keep a good eye on our boys for us. Something tells me she's a lot smarter then people give her credit for. Oh and feel free to peck Draco if he steps out of line while under your supervision." He said with an amused smirk. You've been too busy focused on Lucius to notice the boys ripping their envelopes open, Almost ripping the letters themselves, And reading it out before high-fiving each other.

I cooed happily as Lucius goes back to petting me. "Oh I hope they don't keep you locked up in the Owlery like all the other owls there. You ought to be flying about and showing off." I hooted quietly in amusement because that's exactly what I do. "Well I best let you go. Bet you have more letters to deliver." 

I nodded and headed for the window, Cooing bye to everyone and bowing to Lucius before flying out, rather quickly. Best way to deliver a letter is to make a large scene and show about it just because I'm a pretty birdie. Definitely a boost to my self-esteem.