Chapter 17 - Malfoys

Mai POV:

I flew through the air what what felt like days, but in all honesty, was only accouple hours. I Clutched the letter tightly as the wind beat against my body, threatening to throw me to the ground. But much to my relief the young owl saw a rather dark and gloomy manor sitting in the far distance. I instantly knew it to be the Malfoy manor. The exact manor I was looking for. 

My eyes narrowed as my wings worked harder, the weather truly wasn't on my side today. I moved the letter to my beak as I landed on the windowsill and gently pecked at the glass. A tall man came to the window unlocking it and offering the tip of his cane for me to stand on to which I gladly took. 

"Ah, An owl has arrived Narcissa, A rather gorgeous and unique owl at that. Must be important" The man gently plucked the letter from my mouth and analyzed it. The woman assuming to be Narcissa waltz through.

"Mail you say?" Her voice was soft and warm.

"Hogwarts, must be the new Owl they got their hands on, rather impressed actually, well taken care of, wonder what breed it is. I've never seen an owl such as this one" He said. Looking over me and gently brushing one of my wings with the back of his gloved finger. "Draco! The letter is for you!" 

My eyes darted to the small boy walking in, his platinum blonde hair gelled back and his piercing grey eyes looked into my icy blue ones. 

"A letter father?" He took the letter from his fathers grip and opened it up, reading it aloud "Dear Draco Malfoy, We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl no later than July 31."

A grin from ear to ear was plastered on each of the family members faces. Draco looked up at me, his smile still not gone. "Thank you so much for bringing me this letter Owl" 

I closed my eyes and nodded gently before looking at him again. Narcissa looking outside. 

"Lucius, The weather is awful out there. We cannot send the Owl back in that atrocious weather. Not the mention the thing looks tired. I shall prepare a bowl of water and some food" I looked at her gratefully. relieved I don't have to fly through that weather again.

Narcissa offered her hand to which I gladly took, trying my best not to hurt her. Her hands were just as soft and delicate as her voice. 

She took me into the kitchen, house elves running about the place. "Get this lovely owl a bowl of water and some food, Asap" She said before gently ushering me onto a nearby perch. "Feel free to rest as long as you think is necessary dear."

I smiled and bowed at her. Receiving a chin pet and a comforting smile, "Why aren't you a smart and polite owl" I cooed quietly at her and leaned into her hand, rather enjoying the affection.

Over the next three hours I rested, I was fed and looked after, but once the Storm died down, I decided it was time to go, I didn't want to overstay my welcome.

I flew off the perch and searched for young master Draco Malfoy, I didn't take much to find him, I landed down and chirped at him, once I got his attention I smiled and bowed.

"Is this your goodbye to me owl?" He asked, to which I nodded gently. "Oh, well will I be seeing you at Hogwarts then?" I nodded once more before flying off to find his mother, Which thankfully I find both Narcissa and Lucius in the same room, I landed gently and cooed to get their attention.

"Yes? Is this goodbye for now?" Narcissa asked softly, to which I nodded and bowed gently. 

"Oh okay, We'll see you possibly in the future, Until then I bid you a safe fly back to Hogwarts" Lucius said, his lips twinging up to a smile. 

I nodded and flew out the window, flying up into the sky heading back to the direction of Hogwarts, excited to get my second letter delivered but also to have a nice rest.