Chapter 12 - Night fly

Mai POV:

I flew calmly through the halls, making my way to a large archway opening up the grounds of the courtyard, I quickly flew through and landed on a nearby tree, looking around at the night sky, surprisingly I was rather content with this, Being able to fly around on the grounds at the dead of night undisturbed is weirdly therapeutic. My eyes darted about before I took off again and flew up, my wings flapping up and down rapidly against the strong night winds, landing on the railing of the astronomy tower and looking over the castle. This is my home until the day I die, so much land to explore. And of course best of all. So many students to torment!

My piercing blue eyes gaze down at the courtyard and I finally felt at peace. as if all the pain and tormenting has all been worth it. I ruffled my wings before flying off again into the potions room to sleep.

Professor Snape POV:

I noticed the sound of wings draw closer and turns to look Mai fly in and land on a pile of books on my desk, resting and drifting into a well deserved sleep. leaving a small smile twitch on my lips.

"Bless her" I muttered and approaches, gently petting her head before closing the door. 

I walked back to my cauldron and continued to work on the potion. The door creaks open, causing me to sigh and turn around.

"Severu-" Filch was cut off

"Ssssssshut up, She's sleeping" I hissed quietly at him, narrowing my eyes and ushering him out, following behind him. "what do you want Filch?" I grumbled while glaring at him. 

"Theres students wandering around the halls," He whispered, "say, I didn't know you actually cared about her" 

I tenses slightly and narrowed my eyebrows. "Of course I do. She was like a daughter to me and keeping her safe since she now relies on us completely is the least I can do to ease her pain. Deal with the children yourself. Its. your. job." I growled and turned my heel, walking into my potions room and going to slam the door, quickly remembering the peaceful sleeping Owl and just gently closes the door before walking up to my desk and slouching on my chair. Watching her sleep for a bit. 

"You're lucky you're adorable, Instead of being an insufferable brat," I sighed and gently pet her head once again.