Chapter 10 - Christmas

Third Person:

The days to come were pretty uneventful, just the same struggle day in and day out, And the Professor's being able to help her with her owl problems. But the Christmas Holidays drew closer then she expected. And by the time the holidays rolled around, Her situation getting worse and worse. She can't sleep at night anymore without a strong spell, Struggling to focus and just ends up staring for the whole hour with barely blinking, Professor Snape slowly getting more worried about her condition and hoping she will turn soon only to stop her suffering. 

Mai POV:

I sat under a tree in the courtyard, thinking deeply about my situation, glaring at the grass silently.

"What's wrong Birdie?" His cold voice rattled me, causing me to jump up and turn around to him. 

"Just deep in thought, I'm worried about everything, its all just getting worse and worse. I. . . can't handle it anymore" I mumbled, holding back my tears. 

His face softened, "It'll all be over soon, just hold out a little bit longer for us, I know you can" I looked up at him and nodded gently. "And don't let anyone tell you this because Dumbledore wanted it to be a surprise, everyone is getting their classrooms to be more owl friendly for you." 

I scoffed a small chuckle and rolled my eyes with a nod, giving him a smile with he returned. 

Timeskip

I was suffering, I knew that, everyone could see that. But today was the day for celebrations so I had to hide it so people could enjoy the day. I stumbled into the common room and stretched, walking down to the great hall for the feast. Something felt off, that unexplainable feeling that something dreadful will happen that day, I just couldn't tell what or when. And its making my stomach churn. 

I sat at the table, instead of all four, its just one long one in the center to accommodate the fact much less people are in the school grounds. I sighed and drank the drink in front of me, my gaze on the empty plate. I'm not that hungry, I feel like I'll throw it up. 

My gaze flickered over to the professors and locked eyes with Professor Snape, making me exhale an exhausted sigh. 

After dinner I rose to my feet and walked out, heading out into the nightsky and stared at the stars silently. 

I know the chapter is short, I have plans for the holiday though :P