057. Time Will Come

Part Two / Chapter Fifty-Seven

Chaos immediately broke out in the castle once everyone caught a glimpse of the dark mark and begun flooding into their own common rooms, dodging and hiding from stray curses. Venus knew Metatron would accompany the death eaters at the Astronomy Tower. As Prefects, Ron and Venus with the help of Constance and Hermione gathered every first, second and third-year up and into their dormitories. One second-year in particular was putting up quite a fight with Venus.

       "No." Venus stated.

       "I can fight!" Cordelia said bracingly, her wand clutched in her left hand. "Please, Venus!"

       "Absolutely not!" Venus said loudly.

       "But—"

       "No buts," Venus said, opening the dorm room revealing three terrified twelve year olds, she felt her heart shatter in her chest. "I don't know what I would do if you got hurt."

       Cordelia sighed, dropping her head in defeat. "Ok."

       "Okay," said Venus, hugging the small girl and closing the dorm room once she was inside, casting a protective charm on all of the dormitories just in case.

        Metatron was here. This had to be a ploy, a part of their plan. It had to be. Whoever they were going to murder would be the beginning of their reign. Venus couldn't have that. Her plan to go to the Astronomy Tower was heavily criticized by Hermione and Constance. "I have to go," she stated. "If Metatron is there, I can possibly stop someone from dying instead of just waiting for it to happen."

       "But... but..." Hermione sputtered, shaking too much to make formal sentences. She stopped when Constance put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "You can't! What if you get hurt?"

       "I'm one hundred percent against this idea, but I don't want anyone to die either." said Constance. "If anyone can do it, it's Venus."

       "Agreed," said Ron eagerly.

       And eventually, Hermione gave a reluctant nod.

       Venus gave them a wary smile and held up her right hand, "Accio Archangel Blade."

       The golden dagger zoomed from inside her dormitory and straight into Venus' hand. She slid it inside of her boot and glanced at the green skull in the sky before saying, "I'll see you guys later." and vanishing from the common room.

       Venus flew inside the Astronomy Tower and saw Dumbledore, hands clasped together, looking neatly composed as he usually did. Standing in front of him was Draco Malfoy, his wand shaking in his hand as it pointed toward his headmaster.

       "Draco don't." she said, hints of nervousness and demand in her voice.

       "Get out, Venus," he said sternly, keeping his wand pointed fixedly at Dumbledore. "Don't try and change my mind, because I want to do this."