CHAPTER 1

|AUTHOR|

The first time they meet

|When Meera and Veer were kids|
|3 years old|

Veer was having a boring day at the orphanage. His Nea had gone out and there was no one to play with him. He missed his Nea. She had promised him that she would be back soon. He trusted her. Two hours passed and Veer was reading the books that Naina had bought for him.

He was flipping through the pages of his book when someone entered the room and hugged him. "Hi, Veer! Are you reading a book?" Veer squealed he realized it was none other than his favorite person Nea!

"Nea you back! I misshed you!" Naina laughed and hugged him tightly. "I missed you too sweet boy! Look I bought you some chocolates!" Veer screeched with happiness and jumped on Naina after he held the chocolates. Naina giggled kissing his chubby cheek. Veer smiled and kissed Naina's cheek as well.

Just then one of his teachers entered the room with a beautiful girl about Veer's age. "Okay, sweetie! This is where you'll be staying!" Lisa arranged all her things near the bed that was next to Veer's bed. "Say hi to Veer!" Meera glanced hesitantly and turned her face to the other side.

Veer felt sad, he wanted a friend and there was no one better than the girl who was now in front of him. "It's okay Lisa, give her some time," Naina stated, Lisa gave her a sad smile. After explaining some rules to Meera she left the room.

It was actually playtime for all the kids but Veer prefers staying in his room. "Veer, do you want to go out and play?" Veer nodded his head but pointed at Meera. "Can she come? Pewee?" Naina sighed and nodded her head.

"Okay, let me ask her!" Naina walked towards Meera and kneeled before her. "Hi, there! I'm Naina one of the teachers here. Would you like to come to play with us?" Meera stared curiously at the woman before her and decided to ignore her. All Meera wanted was to go back to her parents.

Veer pouted when Meera didn't reply and Naina gave him an apologetic smile. She knew Meera needed some time to get used to the new environment. "It's okay sweet girl! We'll be out in case you change your mind!" Naina stood up and walked towards Veer.

"Come on big boy! Let's go!" Veer one again glanced at Meera and reluctantly held Naina's hand and walked away. As they walked towards the playground Veer felt sad that the girl he saw didn't come with them. He really wanted to be her friend but things weren't going his way.

"Nea! Why she sad?" Naina sighed and kneeled beside him. "Her parents left her here Veer so she's sad. She might take some time but I'm sure after that she'll be absolutely fine! Why don't you talk to her?" Veer frowned but nodded his head. "Okay! I talk to her later!" Naina smiled widely at him and kissed his cheeks.

Veer felt warm and loved every time Naina did that. His three-year-old innocent mind knew that he too didn't have any Mommy and Daddy but ever since he found Nea and Vee he never felt like that. He almost felt like he had his Mommy and Daddy again. But, he was scared to ask them about it. Instead, he decided to enjoy all the time he gets with them.

He didn't really want to think about separation. Three years olds are supposed to be innocent but when you're thrown out there into the real world alone. All you can do is fend for yourself. Naina and Veer played until it was time for dinner.

After dinner, Naina dropped Veer near his room and walked away to hers. Veer looked around the room to see that all of his roommates were already in bed. What caught his attention was the new girl who was right beside him. She was shaking and whimpering but Veer was still scared to talk to her. He let her be and the night passed.