CHAPTER 11

|AUTHOR|

Veer sighed scrubbing his face with his left hand. He had gotten into a physical fight with one of the goons who had been working for the mysterious person who's targeting him and his family. As usual, that asshole didn't utter a single word and during the encounter, his right hand was slashed with a knife. When he had captured that man that asshole pulled a gun from one of his teammates and shot himself.

He was a loyal dog who thought getting caught was worse so he sacrificed his life for his master. Things were getting out of his hands now. One of his senior Officer Karthik had put him on a mission to catch a terrorist who has been running free for quite some time.

This ruthless asshole of a terrorist has been involved in many bomb blasts, weapon smuggling, and mass killings over the years. Jeffrey, the terrorist has been running free for quite some time now. Veer felt sick to his gut when he saw some of the ways he had tortured and killed innocent people only to rein control over them and build fear among the people.

The latest intel was that this terrorist was close to Dehradun and since Veer had been residing there it was up to him and a few members of his team to sort it out. He was not only part of the army but also part of a special squad that specializes in terrorist infiltration.

That identify of him had been kept secret from his family. The only person who's aware of that besides him is Karan and that was only because he was also part of this squad. The name of this special team was The Indian Infiltration Squad in short it was TIIS.

The only members who were aware of the existence of this special squad were some of the most senior officers of the different defense sectors of this country and the members of this squad. The members of this group are sent to some dangerous missions. Veer had already been on two of them.

Getting recruited into this particular squad was not that easy. He had first received a weird message which he had to decipher. After which some million tests, hard-core training, and a lot of determination Karan and Veer were part of the group.

They were stronger than ever but with this strength came a lot of vulnerabilities. They had to make sure that none of these bastards blackmail them with their families. But, that had gone down the drain when Veer received the first threat after which he has been receiving a lot of them.

It could be possible that the person who they were assigned to catch Jeffrey could have been doing this but he doubted if that was the case because he was assigned to this mission only five days after arriving in Dehradun.

So the chances are low or there could be another possibility that this Jeffrey guy might have connections with someone who is working for our own country. Veer clenched his jaw and his blood boiled when he thought about this possibility.

How could the citizens of our very country betray their own soil? Just the thought of it skyrocketed his blood pressure and anger. But for now, the mission was a quiet one. The only people aware of this were Karan, Diya, Nakul, and Veer. The head of the mission was none other than one of his seniors Officer Karthik.

As of now, he was able to protect everyone. Although he had done one grave mistake. He knew he had no right to make this decision but yet he had done it. He knows this will cost him later but he was willing to take the risk.

Meera was supposed to be in TIIS as well. She had an incredible track record but since Veer was responsible for her recruitment Officer Karthik had given him full powers to choose between Meera and one of her teammates Dhwani Kulkarni.