EPILOGUE

A/N: Reader's discretion! Mature content ahead!

|AUTHOR|

It's been three years since Meera and Veer got married. Veer's business was successful and he had even opened a couple of more training centers. Many of these officers had overcome the fears that they had with their injuries and even entered the Olympics. In addition to that Prerana had branched out to help women who had lost their husbands in the army.

All in all, it was going really well. In fact, Veer even had a huge fan following. A year back Veer had stopped working for TIIS after his contract ended. Although he did miss the thrill Veer wanted to focus on his kids and Prerana. Meera had supported his decision wholeheartedly. Meera too had gotten a promotion she was no longer Flight Lieutenant Meera Raichand, she was now Squadron Leader Meera Raichand Gupta.

Meera was coming home to Pune today after almost seven months in Srinagar. She did get injured but it wasn't anything major. Things got kind of heated. She had a bandage over her head and a crape band covering her left hand. That was the only severity of her injury.

Meera tapped her feet and waited eagerly for her family to arrive. She was currently waiting at the platform of the railway station. She grinned widely when she spotted her six-year-old girl daughter Tara wearing a red frock. She ran towards her and wrapped her arms around her waist. Meera kneeled and hugged her tightly. It had been way too long since she had seen her pretty face.

"Hey, baby! I missed you so much!" She sniffled and hugged her daughter close. Meera and Veer had gone back to Dehradun after Meera's deployment. They had visited the orphanage that once had been their home. Tara was the girl who Meera had met on the day before Veer's birthday when they had gone there to celebrate it with all the kids.

Veer and she decided to adopt her. Meera smiled and held her daughter's face in between her hands, Tara's hazel eyes twinkled. That day when she laid her eyes on her Meera just knew that Tara belonged to them and no one could ever change that. She was meant to be part of their family.

"Mumma! I missed you so much!" Tara exclaimed with her sweet voice and Meera's heart melted. Meera smiled and showered her daughter's face with kisses until she was a giggling mess. "Stop! Tickles!" Tara swatted her mother's face away and wiped her cheeks. Meera smiled and placed one last huge kiss on her cheek.

Tara looked at her mother's face and traced the bandage that was on her head. "You hurt?" She frowned and asked. Meera grabbed her palm and kissed it softly. "I'm okay baby don't worry! Your Mumma is very strong!" Tara frowned but nodded.

"Pihu! Please don't run so fast!" Meera stood up when she heard her husband's voice who was chasing their second daughter Pihu Gupta, she was the naughty one. They called her Pihu because she never stopped chattering. Meera smiled as her two-year-old daughter ran towards her. Her steps were a bit wobbly but she was the most adorable person ever.

Pihu was wearing a cute yellow frock and looked like a cute sunflower. She had Meera's bright brown eyes, her straight hair, and most of all Veer's beautiful smile. "Mumma!" She screeched when Meera picked her up and threw her in the air. She giggled as her hair flared around her face and her chubby cheeks were now red. "I missed my monster!" Meera whispered and kissed her cheeks continuously.

Pihu's tinkling laugh filled the air. Meera couldn't help but feel emotional. The last she saw her she was only a year and a few months old. Now she had grown up so much. Even Tara looked older than the last time. None of the pictures that Veer sent her over the months gave her the satisfaction of looking at them now.

"I-I missed yow!" Pihu whispered and Meera once again cried. She hugged her tightly and rocked her back and forth kissing her cheeks repeatedly. Pihu giggled and tried pushing her away. Meera kneeled and grabbed Tara as well, who was happy to join the group hug. Veer stood there for a while and admired the scene before him. His wife was still in her uniform. The blue shirt that had all her ranks pinned and black pants. He was so proud of his wife. He was relieved that she was back home. He was finally at peace that all his girls were back. The missing piece in their family was finally back. "Excuse me! No hugs for the husband huh?" Veer complained and his three girls laughed.