CHAPTER 33

A/N: There's a bit of violence in this chapter! You have been warned!

|AUTHOR|

Meera was bursting with excitement but at the same time, she was scared and terrified. What if something happens to her family because of her? What if they use her family as the bait just so they could get to her? All these questions were swarming in her head as Suraj drove them towards the TIIS headquarters.

She swallowed the lump in her throat and fiddled with her hands. Suraj cleared his throat to get her attention. "Are you alright?" He asked as the car stopped near the signal. "I'm fine. I was just wondering if my family will be provided with extra protection?"

He smiled at her and she could make out a dimple on his cheek. He nodded, "That's the first question every newly recruited member has! Yes, they will indeed be watched. The TIIS has a contract sort of thing with a very reputed security agency. You have nothing to worry about. These officers are natural at their job. They will watch over your house without anyone noticing. So, you have nothing to worry about!"

Meera sighed in relief when she heard the answer. With her family safe, she could focus better. Now that she thought about it Veer used to always speak to some people when he thought no one was watching. They didn't exactly look like ordinary people. Were they from this security agency that Suraj was talking about?

Meera's eyes widened as the fog lifted off her mind. "Oh my god! Maybe Veer is also part of TIIS? That would make a lot of sense!" Her subconscious mind chided excitedly. The only thing that pricked her was why he had never shared this with her? Did he not trust her? Then again she can't really blame him.

Being a part of TIIS was a huge deal. It wasn't like any other ordinary task force. She was sure that they had to keep it a secret. "Hello, earth to miss Meera? Are you here?" Suraj snapped his fingers in front of Meera's eyes. She shook her head a turned to face him. She gave him a sheepish smile and shrugged her shoulders.

"Yeah, I'm here! Sorry for zoning out so much! I was wondering, this whole thing is secretive right? Like we can't tell anyone! Not even or loved ones, right?" Meera asked a bunch of questions and stared at Suraj with a curious expression. Suraj was staring at the road and driving with a frown on his face.

"Yes, of course! We as the officers of TIIS value that above everything else. We have got to be undercover. It's a highly secretive organization. That's actually the biggest advantage. Not to brag but only the best of the best officers get recruited into this." Meera rolled her eyes and chuckled when he added the last part with a wink.

"Although I'm curious as to why you haven't been recruited yet! I have seen your track record and damn they're amazing! To achieve what you have at such a young age speaks a lot about your strength and vigilance Miss Meera Raichand!" Meera blinked her eyes several times to digest all the compliments Suraj had thrown her way.

She could see that he was waiting for her reply. "Uhh, thank you! I do what's best for my country and people. As for getting recruited, I guess there's a right time and place for everything. As clichè as that might sound! But, um yeah thank you for the compliment!" Suraj laughed but nodded. Meera smiled at him and shifted in her seat uncomfortably.

Meera had a very strong feeling that this Suraj was flirting with her. It was pretty evident by the way he spoke to her and all the compliments he just threw her way. She could be wrong, so she decided to give it a few more minutes before she concluded.