CHAPTER 38

A/N: This Chapter is dedicated to one of my favourite readers Roshni_11. She has been supporting me since living the life!! Happy Birthday to the most beautiful reader!

|VEER|

I don't even know why I did that. It was probably the stupidest thing to do considering how heated the things between are. I know it was my fault and I had to fix it, but it's better this way. If we're apart those idiots won't target her. I can protect her better.

Meera's probably cursing me right now for sending all those mixed signals. How do I know that? We're right now in the meeting room at TIIS Mumbai headquarters. Meera was seated across the table and she was throwing nasty glares at me.

The drive to the headquarters had to be the longest ride of my life. Meera was literally shaking with anger. So, I did the next best thing trying not to piss her off and stayed out of her way. "Good job everyone! First thing in the morning everyone will gather here and we are going to investigate this asshole! Am I clear?" Officer Khan asked and his voice boomed around the room.

"Yes Sir!" We replied together and he dismissed us. We were supposed to investigate both of them right now but they were totally out of it. Charlie was aggressive so we had to put him down with another tranquilizer. Jagan kept on mumbling something about a bomb or something. We tried to probe more information but he fainted.

Something huge was planned and we didn't know what it was. Charlie had been kept under the wraps for a long time now. There's not one trace of information about him until one of those bastards that we caught at the borders informed us. I have no idea how he managed to do that.

This just shows how big of a connection he has. He must be really important to Adam and Jeffrey if that's the case. There's an Intel from our analyzing team that people are already searching for both of them Charlie more than anyone. Intel's have never been received this fast. It's barely been a couple of hours and people out there are going crazy without his presence.

Everyone exited the room including Meera who was having an important discussion with Kabir while they walked out of the room. Fuck! I was jealous, that was for sure. The only ones left now were Karan and me. He leaned against the chair and narrowed his eyes at me. I cleared my throat making sure that my anger and my obvious irritation about the fact that men always keep flirting with Meera doesn't show on my face.

We stared at each other for the next I don't know how many minutes but after a while I was done. "What do you want Karan?" I asked him with an irritated voice. My patience was already thinning. There was no information about this Charlie until recently and god knows what bullshit he's planning.

I was over this shit. I just wanted to put all these bastards behind the bars! Or better yet kill them! Yeah, that should solve all of it. "Did you forget? I still need to know what's going on between Meera and you? Are you guys together or something?" He gasped and placed his hands on the table waiting for a reply. Fuck! He looks like he's ready for some sort of gossip.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "What? No, of course not, nothing is going on between us! Will you let that go?" I gritted banging my right hand on the table. The doctor said that the wound would take at least a month to recover. Fuck a month! I don't have a month! The moment that bastard wakes up I'm going to beat the shit out of him but for now, there were bigger problems to handle and that was Karan!

"Stop shitting with me alright? Just tell me what's going on?" I shook my head and pinched my nose. He's so annoying the most annoying person ever, especially when he wants to know something but I'm not saying anything. As it is everything is falling apart.