CHAPTER 2

|AUTHOR|

"Meera!!! For the hundredth time! Get up!!! I want you at the dining hall in another ten minutes!" Annie screamed. Meera groaned and buried her face further in the pillows. Andy on the other hand was laughing loudly. "Shut up Mike! That's enough! Go and take out the garbage!"

Andy groaned muttering under his breath and took out the garbage. Meera smiled when she heard her mom give orders to her brother. She sighed and was about to fall asleep once again when her mom once again shouted. "Meera! If you're not up by now I'm going to come there and it's not going to be fun."

Arjun who had returned from his jog heard the commotion in his house and rolled his eyes. "Annie! Let her be! It's after all her vacation time! We can have lunch together!" Annie scowled at her husband. She wanted to have breakfast, lunch, and dinner with Meera together as a family.

"Oh, you shut up Arjun! You always support her. Go get your daughter! I want her to come here." Arjun shuttered, he knew this wasn't the time to argue with his wife. As Annie was in one of those moods. He gulped and shook his head.

"Go on! What are your waiting for? Wake up your daughter and shower. I want both of you here in another 10 minutes tops. Am I clear?" Arjun muttered something under his breath but when Annie growled at him, he nodded his head.

"Yes ma'am! I'm on it! If I may say something?" Annie raised her brows and crossed her arms across her chest. "What?" Arjun blinked his eyes and his lips morphed into a huge grin. "You look beautiful today darling!" Annie rolled her eyes but couldn't stop herself from smiling.

She bit her lips and controlled her smile. "Shower. Ask Meera to get up. Now!!" Annie shrieked pointing at the top floor. Arjun rolled his eyes, nodding his head he sprinted across the steps.

Meera was standing near her room with a smile on her face. Arjun sighed when he saw that his daughter was awake. "Ohh thank God! Meera please shower and come down! God, your mother is so strict sometimes!"

"Arjun did you say something?" Meera burst into fits of laughter. Arjun pleaded with his eyes asking his daughter to stay quiet. "Uhh, nothing sweetie! I was just telling Meera how sweet you are!" Meera placed her palm on her mouth to muffle her laughter.

"Yeah, whatever. Go shower fast!" Annie screamed from the ground floor. Meera chuckled as her father shuttered. "As you say." Annie rolled her eyes and went to the kitchen. Andy had come back by now and was sitting on the dining table texting away on his phone.

"Great save Dad!" Meera exclaimed with a smirk. "Yeah, yeah I know! I'm great at it! All jokes apart! We have missed you kiddo! Shower soon and come down. I too shall do the same." Meera nodded her head and smiled softly when her dad kissed her head and walked away to his room.

Meera sighed and went to take a shower in her large bathroom, well fairly large. It felt good to be back. Her parents along with their friends had shifted to Pune. They had all built houses that were close to each other. Viraj and Naina were a few miles away. Along with Isha and Sameer. Then there was Neel and Indu and last but not least Sahil and Neena.

These friends were so close nit that they made sure to stay close to each other. They were almost like family. Arjun and Annie had designed a dream house. Meera and Andy both had separate rooms. They even had a huge garden. Their house had two floors. The ground floor was where her parents and a guest's bedrooms were present.