CHAPTER 28

Disclaimer: Everything that I have described is purely fiction!!! Happy Reading ❤️

Don't forget to listen to the song 😊

|MEERA|

I sighed contently and snuggled closer to the hard warm body. The arms that were around me tightened, I nuzzled my head into the warm material. My eyes snapped open and I turned to see Veer sleeping next to me and realized that I was snuggled up against his chest.

My breathing turned uneven. Everything that had happened last night flashed in my mind. It wasn't just my imagination or a dream. He really kissed me, we really had all those conversations and we even laughed. Everything about last night was true and it wasn't less than a dream.

He looked so handsome. The light stubble on his face, his red supple lips, and most of all the relaxed look on his face. Everything about him screamed handsome. Veer and I were finally together. But, I still had a nagging feeling that something was amiss. 

I ran my fingertips over his face and traced every inch of it. I snapped out of my reiver when someone started banging the door. It was Tanya. Shit, double shit!!! Veer was still here. If she sees us together she would never stop yapping about it and then our parents will get to know. That would be no good. Now was not the right time.

This can't be happening! No, no! I pulled away from Veer but that idiot pulled me back. I fell on his chest with a grunt. "Five more minutes Meera! I haven't slept this well in years! Please, I'm so comfortable! Don't move!" That's really sweet but the timing was all wrong.

I shook his shoulders roughly and asked him to get up. "Veer! Get up! Tanya is at the door! Go hide in the washroom while I open the door! She can't see us like this!!!" I told him frantically. Veer's eyes snapped open and widened.

He scrambled down the bed and stubbed his toe while running towards the washroom. I hissed as he cursed under his breath. Those are the worst. I got down from the bed and gestured at him to go to shut the door. Once he locked himself in the washroom. I quickly glanced around the room to make sure there was nothing that screamed Veer's presence.

"I'm coming Tanny! Hold on one minute!!!" I screamed and that's finally when the banging stopped. I found his jacket at the corner of the bed. I balled it up and threw it in the wardrobe. I glanced at my reflection and ran my fingers through my hair.

Taking a deep breath I walked towards the door and pulled it open. I made a mental note to give Veer an extra kiss for locking the door last night. If he hadn't done that then things would have definitely gone haywire.

I pulled the door open to find a very cheerful Tanya standing there and scrolling through her phone. "Hi Di, have you seen Bhai? Is he here?" I almost felt like we were busted but thankfully Veer was still in the washroom. Before I could answer Tanya skipped into the room. She made herself comfortable by sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Umm, he's not here Tanny? Why would he be here? Why do you ask though? This is not the first time he has disappeared without informing anyone! So, why the sudden curiosity?" I asked and eyed her suspiciously. If my guess is right she is here assuming that Veer was here after what had happened last night. Which by the way is true but Tanya can't know that!

She sighed disappointedly and shook her head sadly. "I just assumed because of what happened last night and you were sleeping in, which by the way never happens. Anyway never mind I should have known that this wasn't going to be an easy task!" I raised my brows and crossed my arms across my chest.