CHAPTER 39

A/N: Guys please do follow me for getting notified when the story gets updated! I think many of you are receiving late notification! My wattpad is acting up!

|MEERA|

I took Jenna to the other room. She truly was a sweet girl. I handed her some books and assured her that her Dad would be safe even though I knew it was a straight-out lie. There was really nothing else that I could do. Life was harsh and an innocent girl like Jenna was just caught up in the middle of this.

I walked back to the room to find Charlie threatening  Veer for the hundredth time. Usually, such things don't bother me but the sheer determination in his eyes and the way he warned him was starting to freak me out. I wanted to bang his head against the table once again but I refrained from doing so.

"Fine. let's start again! Tell me what you know about Adam and Jeffery? Why are you so important to them?" Veer screamed and Charlie just sneered back. "Just tell me, you bastard! If you don't start talking now then we are going to have more problems and I can't guarantee what will happen with you daughter!" 

Veer shouted again, Charlie looked like he was going to lunge at Veer anytime. We would never hurt Jenna but this asshole seems to be a stubborn one. "I think it's better if you give them all the information! Your daughter is in their clutches!" Jagan added and I nodded.

"Listen to your friend Charlie!" He sneered at him and his nose flared as he tried to control his temper. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes momentarily. "Fine, I will tell you everything! But, I am going to give you a fair warning and that is to stay away from my daughter. If I even get an ounce of doubt that you blabbered anything bad about me to her I will personally ruin all of you not that I am going spare any of you now but I am just warning you!"

Veer closed his eyes and pinched his nose. This guy is a piece of tool! He keeps beating around the bush. I decided to step in. I grabbed his shirt and glared at him while the asshole had the audacity to look me in the eyes and smirk at me. "Quit stalling and tell us whatever the hell that is you know, right this very moment! Else I will be the first one to walk out of this room and tell your precious daughter the truth! Oh, I have a better idea! Why don't I record this entire thing and show it to her?"

He glared at me, "Fine, what is that you want to know?" He gritted out as if he was forced to swallow acid. I moved back and gestured at Veer to take over who nodded. I am so mad at him but that is for another time. "What is the date that you were talking about? I want to know now!" 

Charlie took a deep breath, "May 17th exactly two weeks from now Jeffery has ordered us to plant the bombs at different locations with the help of some sleeper cells. That's not all. In a week there will be a shipment that will be arriving from some other countries! They are Illegal weapons!" The last part wasn't surprising at all. Veer and Karan had retrieved some paperwork from one of Jagan's offices that had the details about these weapons.

"The last one we already knew! Tell me when is Jeffery coming here? How many places are going to get bombed?" Jagan and Charlie exchanged some looks like they didn't want to tell, but they had to spit it out, tough luck. "Well he was supposed to be there for the club opening but since you guys infiltrated the entire place I am sure he has gone into hiding. But he will definitely be in the city."

I could vaguely make out Officer Khan asking some of them to start searching for Jeffery. "You still didn't answer the other question! How many places are going to get bombed?" Charlie hesitated but I showed him my phone warning him about his daughter again. He sighed and glared at both of us. 

"Fukcing hell! You still don't seem to have an idea as to who I am! I am not a fucking ordinary terrorist you bastards! I am the brother of Adam! Do you hear me? ADAM IS MY OLDER BROTHER! Once I am out of here you and the rest of your team better watch your backs cause I am going to fucking murder all of you." I sucked in a breath, Veer looked stunned for a second but he covered it up as soon as it showed up.