CHAPTER 46

|VEER|

Meera had a bandage wrapped around her head and I could make out a lot of bruises on her neck. I don't remember seeing those bruises on her neck. Something must have happened after I was shot. The moment I gained conscious I asked for Meera, Mom told me that she was in another room. That very second I removed all the IVs that were attached to me and ran straight to her room.

My chest kind of hurt but to see Meera, I will tolerate any kind of pain. She's my light and I needed her now more than ever. I brushed her hair and she sighed in my arms. The nurse outside was giving me a nasty look but Dad spoke to her and requested her to give me ten minutes after which I will go back to my room. She glared at me but nodded. She wasn't happy about the stunt I had pulled.

The entire family had seen us together. The cat was out of the bag after all. I didn't really care. Mom and Annie Aunty were looking at us with sparkling eyes. They had their palms pressed against their chest and by the looks of it, they were cooing at us.

"Well, at least we don't have to tell them now. They already know! Plus they can't even give us a hard time about it. Perks of being injured." Meera whispered and kissed my cheek. I chuckled and pecked her forehead. "You're not wrong there Miss Raichand!" They couldn't hear us because we were whispering.

She grinned and finally everyone left the room giving us some privacy. Annie Aunty clicked some of our pictures while Meera whined beside me. I couldn't help but find it cute. I kissed her nose and she giggled. Mom gave me a pointed look that meant I had to tell her everything. I rolled my eyes nodding at her. She squealed and shut the door. Meera laughed and wrapped her hands around my arm.

We sat there in silence for a few minutes. I glanced at Meera to find her biting her nails and frowning at the wall. That definitely meant she wanted to say something but didn't know how to tell me or she was nervous. "Okay, Meera tell me what's on your mind? I know you want to say something! I can already sense it!" I told her. She smiled at me but her eyes looked sad.

She traced the bandage that covered my chest. She leaned closer and kissed my lips. I  sighed and brushed my thumb across her cheek. She moved back and traced my bottom lip. "Just tell me!" I whispered kissing her forehead. I know for a fact that my good-for-nothing birth father and Adam are still alive but for now, I didn't care about that. Meera was safe and that was all that mattered. We made it through this and if something else comes up then we'll face it together.

"Veer I need to tell you something! Did the doctor talk to you after you before you came here? Did anyone tell you anything?" I frowned and shook my head. "No Meera! The moment I got up I wanted to see you so I came straight here! I didn't care about anything or anyone! I had to see you and make sure that you were okay."

The moment I said that her eyes welled with tears and she hugged me tightly. "I love you so much!" I chuckled lightly and kissed her hair. "I love you too Meera!" Meera pecked my lips and cupped my cheek again. I smiled at her and kissed her palm.

"Meera, tell me what is it? This is starting to freak me out now!" She sniffled and kissed my cheek again. She sighed against my face and leaned completely towards me. I entwined our hands together and kissed her knuckles. "Tell me!" I urged her again and she finally nodded after taking a deep breath.

"There are two things that you need to know!" I frowned but nodded. "Are you breaking up with me?" I asked her hesitantly. I wouldn't be surprised if she did. I have put her through hell and back. I will always have that tiny fear. To be honest I'm surprised she's here. Meera glared at me and twisted my ear until I screamed a bit. I laughed when she screamed frustratedly and shoved my shoulder.