CHAPTER 29

A/N: I have a special announcement! LIVING THE LIFE won the third place in The Critics Choice Awards! Thank you so much for all the support you guys! I'm forever grateful and Living the dream has reached 10k reads! I couldn't be more happier! I hope all of you will continue to support my works! None of this would have been possible without you amazing readers.

Sorry for the long rant hehe! Happy reading ❤️

|VEER|

I sighed and hugged Meera close to me. Now that all the flood gates were open and all the barriers I had built between us were broken, I felt more anxious. Not for myself but for Meera.

I still had my doubts about this relationship but I was willing to maneuver over it. It's barely been a day and I could already feel the difference in everything that I did. I don't know if that was a bad thing or a good thing.

I stand by what I told her before. I really did miss her a lot. I remember how hard it was for me to not talk to her and not share anything with her. It was pure torture. That was one of the reasons why I had begun dating Jia. I was really stupid to think that she could replace Meera.

Meera was Meera and no one I mean no other woman could ever hold a candle against her. I'm still too apprehensive to acknowledge what I feel for her. I love the chemistry and the banter between us. It was easy for us. We had always been this way but now there was flirting and kissing which was a bonus.

I had somehow managed to suppress the past. That one incident had happened before my eighteenth birthday. But, it kept flashing before my mind. Not just that but the way I treated Meera too kept flashing.

I kisses her hair and breathed in her lavender scent. She has the heart of a gold. She hasn't pushed me to reveal the past. I am terrified but I need to be prepared when the time comes. I don't know if everything will be the same between us in the future but I couldn't resist Meera anymore. I had to take the chance.

Only I know how I have been controlling myself and resisting her all these years. I think we both deserve this chance. It's not even been a day and the first challenge is already in front of us. Meera's deployment and mine might come soon.

"What are you thinking about?" Meera traced her fingertips over my palms. I let out a huge sigh and shook my head. "Nothing, just about how everything is going to work. You do know that talking over the phone will be hard right? We both might be in places where there might not be any network? Are you okay with that?"

Meera took a deep breath and buried her face further in my chest. I pulled her closer as the cool air of Dehradun hit us. "Veer it's okay! We'll work it out! I mean there's got to be a loophole right?" I nodded giving her a small smile.

"Yeah of course! Even ten seconds of getting to hear your beautiful voice will brighten my day!" I looked at her giving her a cheeky grin. As expected she rolled her eyes and shoved my chest. "Gosh Veer! Could you get any more cheesier? Stop that!" I laughed and kissed her cheek.

"Never!" I said winking at her. She rolled her eyes but smiled at me. "Okay, I think that's enough flirting for today. We should go sleep! I think we're really pushing our luck here!" I rolled my eyes but I did agree with her. If we stay here longer someone is definitely going to find us.

I nodded and stood up offering her my hand I pulled her up as well. I smirked at her and snaked my arms around her waist pulling her closer. She gasped and her breath fanned over my face. My chest warmed, I'm the only one who has this effect on her and will be the only one.