nine

It was getting pretty late in the evening and the last few days have been pretty good, and relaxing.

I spent time with Dove, we baked some cookies, we went for a walk and played in the park, we even coerced Miles into coming with us, at first he begrudgingly came- he was scared that the mothers were going to maul him. He is cocky that's for sure. But when his emotionless face switched on everyone kept their distance. He started smiling after Dove wanted to play tag with him. His smile seemed to bring a smile to my face and saw a softness to him.

Dove and I had gotten closer too, breakfast together in the mornings, Disney films with small snacks brought in by Miles, Gray or Matteo- who visited everyday with Dove, since she always wanted to see 'her Lia'. She has even taken to calling me Aunty Lia, which was still shocking to me. In such a short amount of time I had gained the trust of the little angel.

I had even gotten closer to Gray, I was close with him before, but not as close as I was with Elias. But now it was different, we had more in common than I first thought.

Miles had gotten familiar with me, he is comfortable with me.

We still have our banter, and he of course is still as flirtatious as ever, I blush and then we laugh.

We sat there underneath a fluffy blanket, yep, he had a fluffy blanket hidden in his apartment. My legs across his lap, his arm around my shoulder holding me impossibly close to him.

And despite all the comfort and familiarity around him I am still worried that this is all too good to be true. That these feelings are going to become reality and he is going to realise I am not all he sees, I'm not who he wants.

We were now sat in his car on the torturous journey back to my house. I am excited to see everyone I have truly missed everyone, especially my papa. I had texted a few times letting him know I was safe but besides Cyrus I had contact with none of them, which seemed to break my heart even more.

What if they don't forgive me? What if our close knit relationship is ruined? I wouldn't know how to cope if that was the case. My family are everything to me.

"Stop stressing everything will be ok." Miles scans my face, seeing traces of the small tears I had shred at the thought of my family hating me. As he stops at the traffic light he reaches his hand over and wipes them away.

"How can you be sure?" Worry and sadness lace my tone, causing it come out shakily.

"I can't princess, but from what I've heard from you about them, they will do anything to see you smile."

I smile sadly, knowing they used to do that all the time.

"You're not that bad Miles Alexander."

"I beg to differ princess it's only a matter of time and the true colours will shine." He scowls, tightening his grip around the steering wheel.

Nothing will change this. Whatever there is between us. I'm certain of that.

We get to the driveway of my house, passing the guards who nod their heads in the direction of car, knowing I am inside, one even talking on the phone, most likely to my papa letting him know of my arrival.

The car comes to slow stop and before I can register that I am back home the passenger door is being swung open and a hand comes into view. I take Miles's hand without apprehension and smile at him, then I look at the house sadly. I never realised how much I would miss being here.

"I have training for a fight soon but if you need drop me a text or a call and I'll be here." He pulls my hand closer pulling me into his embrace. My arms wrap around his neck tightly, but not enough to strangle him- although, there's a thought.