seventeen

*TW*- Abuse and harassment

"Cecilia."

I look around the room, my eyes connecting with the brown or hazel eyes of my family. Everyone was here; papa, my brothers, Uncle Luciano, my cousins, even pops.

Yeah that's what it is.

My gun was long forgotten as it is now discarded on the floor, which also let out a loud clattering sound as it hit the dark wood floors.

"Hey guys, how's the meeting going?" I question, a bright smile on my face.

My papa looks shocked, his hands gripping the arms of his chair in a deafening grip.

Rocco, Adriano and Flavio look shocked as well, their mouths agape kinda looking a bit like a fish out of water. I mean it must be quite the shock discovering that the only girl in this family seems to be the only person who can help them.

Cyrus and Angelo are smiling, almost proud, the same as Leo, who is now stood beside me. Saying my name.

"Cesca... Cecilia... Sit down for crying out loud, tell us what the fuck is happening right now." I don't register his voice, or the hints of concern in his tone. I just let him move me towards a chair between Flavio and Camden.

"So it looks like we all have some stories to tell." I say too confidently. 

"Who wants to go first." Everyone was still in silence, everyone is shocked at the new revelations. "I'll go first. So questions?"

"Are you Raven?" My Pops asks, holding his whiskey glass tightly. I nod stiffly. I see Pops intake a breath sharply. It makes me frown but I shook it off, it's too late now going back to how it was before today.

"Would it be easier for you if I started from the beginning?" I acknowledged the tense atmosphere.

"If you are comfortable piccolo." Flavio replies from beside me.

I sigh deeply, conjuring all my memories to the forefront of my mind.

"Ok. So it started when I was like 15. Remember when you sent me to London that summer to visit Pops and Nonna, well it started then. My first day in the city I decided to explore, it got really late and I was making my way back to the house. I had no security with me as it wasn't necessary. From an alleyway I heard hisses and winces of pain, my young self wanted to see what it was, so I walked down the alley." Everyone was more relaxed but tense, while I explain. "It was then when I met Jackson King, or as he likes to go by as Myth. He was beaten to a pulp it was quite disgusting actually, I had to try not to be be sick-"

"Cesca' stay focused." Cyrus scolds me amusedly, shoving my shoulder, I roll my eyes. Taking another drink of water I continue.

"I wanted to help him, it was the least I could do I wasn't just going to leave him to bleed out. We walked through the streets of London towards some kind of warehouse, I was expecting to head towards a hospital or some shit. I was curious and started asking questions. He told me, he loved technology so he was employed to do hacking for some security organisation. But in terms of his injuries well he was running from someone who required his help, but he refused. He wanted to get away from the warehouse, he knew they'd be looking for him, so I put him up in a hotel room. I offered to meet him the next day and help wherever necessary, I knew the basics of hacking since Giovanni taught me."

Everyones eyes shot to Giovanni, who sank further into his chair. Haha sorry Fratello!!

"Back to the story. Fast forward like 3 days and I had helped him as well as I could. He had told me his father ran an organisation of intelligent people who worked independently, the organisation he was employed to. Not once did he mention how illegal it was. He asked if I wanted to meet his friends who also worked with him. I was 15, I thought I was being useful so I agreed. Any questions so far?"