sixteen

After the events of the Basset meeting, it has been non stop for me. My brothers have been home more since there was a lot riding on that meeting, it threatened a lot for them. But to them it was easy, a simple signature at a contract they thought they had made up but we all know I have worked to the tooth and nail writing this contract praying that no loop hole can be found on the Basset end of the stick.

It took me 3 days of no sleep creating that contract, and hoping that none of my brother's found out what was happening.

I hated lying to my brothers, I mean it goes both ways. But this is a whole other level, I never wanted to be this deep. It wasn't my business. I just wanted to be in the background and now I am at the forefront of the Basset deal, and I said I would intern at the family company, but I wanted to sit in on the investor meetings because being Raven has it's perks, and being multilingual I guess.

I can find out before hand everything I wanted about the person, or those they associate with, then when they start digging their own graves, I reveal their secrets and benefit Rossi Industries.

I think doing that is very manipulative, as well as very crafty. But this world is a very individualistic.

I have caught up on as much sleep as I could over the last week, but it was 11am, I have college until 3, then I have some business to deal with uptown with Zeke, Myth, one of the best bounty hunter's and drug experts at the Vault, and Joker.

"Morning Twinny, ready for a great day at college." Cyrus says enthusiastically while holding a cup of coffee, and his keys.

"I hate you." He smiles, throwing his arm around my shoulder, smacking a loud kiss on my temple. "I love you too."

I roll my eyes.

This kid is using my own words against me.

This 'kid' is older than you

I get into his car, leaning my head against the window, fighting the urge to fall asleep.

"Are you alright Cece, you have been kinda off the last week." He questions, when we stop at a red light, his concerned gaze is set onto me.

"Yeah I've just been feeling so drained." I sigh out heavily.

"Is this about Miles?"

Why is everything about this God of a man?

"No, I promise. Just- college is stressing me out." He looks at me skeptically before driving away. He doesn't believe me in the slightest, but right now I don't give a shit.

We get to college, and I see Elias waiting for me leaning against his motorbike, he gets up, saluting to Cyrus before turning to me, walking towards our lecture.

He kept asking me questions, I gave him short, snappy answers. I was surprised if he was getting pissed at me.

I'm not normally like this, I don't like letting my stress affect the way I act with those around me, and that's exactly what I am doing. I am letting Villin and his chums affect me.

Everything is getting to me lately, I need to get a thicker backbone if I am going to get through all this shit with Demitri Villin.

***

My lecture dragged for so fucking long, all I wanted was to go home, but this day just keeps getting longer and longer. Zeke was texting me during my lecture, telling me hurry the fuck up as there's been an emergency.

I couldn't just up and leave, it would cause too many questions.

Now driving over to meet Zeke, Myth and Joker at Myth's workshop, all I could think about was my brothers, my papa, my cousins. Everyone. How would all of this affect them. How was I going to tell them? I knew they were going to hate me when they found out the truth. I mean how was they going to accept the fact their one and only daughter/ sister was a killer, someone who was dangerously smart.