FORTY THREE

Betrayal is a funny concept.

The act of going against something of great meaning to ones self.

I was used to betrayal, in the last few years it has been all I've known, it came with the job. It was apart of my everyday life. I never took it personally, i didn't allow it affect me because why should it.

But what hurt, was the betrayals close to home. At first, I saw Zeke's betrayal as personal as it got, they were my best friend. I trusted them, I trusted them with all my secrets, everything about both of my lives- at home and at work.

But now. That held no torch to this.

The betrayal of a loved one, the type of the highest value.

***

4 days earlier

"Holy shit."

"Holy mother fucking shit indeed."

I couldn't believe what I was looking at.

It was just a simple photo, one photo but it changed everything.

"I'm going to kill him." Flavio confessed, his voice full of venom. I chuckled humourlessly as I walked away. My hands clutched to my hair frustratedly. My eyes were stinging with tears, I tried to hold them back, it was just so fucking impossible.

I was pulled into a pair of arms, I was expecting it to be Flavio, but it wasn't him, it was papa. They say your father's hugs could fix everything, but right now it wasn't fixing anything. It just broke me more.

His arms once bought me comfort, his embrace once filled with so much love.

I couldn't forget that, even if tried. I just didn't know what to think anymore, about this.

I wanted to know what happened, I wanted the truth. But at the same time, I dont want to know, it might hurt more knowing the truth.

"Tesoro breathe for me." Papa places my hand over his heart and I could hear the steady beat of his heart, after a few minutes, I became more aware of my surroundings, I stare up at my father with tearful eyes.

"Papa what do I do?" My voice was hoarse, my voice was shaky. I didn't want to make the decision, I would want to go all guns blazing, finding him demanding answers. I wanted to know if anyone else knew. I wasn't just a heartbroken wife anymore, I was a broken Raven.

"I don't know mi amore, but please think logically." He whispers, all I could hear was his concern, I wanted to listen to what he said but it was just going in one ear and out the other. I knew what I wanted to do.

"Cece we don't even know if it's real." Flavio commented.

"Looked pretty fucking real to me."

I walk away from my father, almost pleading for me to calm down, to come back and think through my choices here. He thinks me going into this calmly will diffuse the situation. But thinking logically, isn't going to mend my heart.

I storm past my brothers, pointing at Rocco, who stands following behind me with haste. I grab my gun from the kitchen counter, throwing on my longline jacket walking out the door. I walk to my car, not looking at Rocco, hoping he was following me. When he gets in the passenger seat I speed away from the house towards the MA offices.

"Can I now ask where we are going?" He questions, holding onto the handle on the door, probably from the speed I am driving.

I'm not driving that fast.