2

Five years later..........

We were in invisible mode. We watched as trucks were taking masses of people into Oklahoma. It was almost as if history was repeating itself. It was.

"How many armed guards are up there?" I ask Daenaera via the headset.

"About four." She responds.

"We take one down each." Norrin says through the headset.

"Fuck yeah." Aaron responds.

"Who takes down the drivers?" Bree asked.

"Me." Norrin said.

"All of us." I say.

"Whack." I say, jokingly through the headset. The trucks stop to unload their dead and/or dying. I grab the gun, place the silencer on it, shooting at the guards as they try to unload people.

They don't even have time to load up when they're shot down. Aaron and Dany got them. The drivers get out, trying to find us. Bree snacks one in the head with her rifle, repeatedly. I tase one to the ground and then knock him out with a kick to the head. One unleashes fire on us. Aaron stops the bullets and turns them in his direction. He gets shot to bits. The other is on the radio, trying to get it to work. Norrin snaps his neck with a turn of his head.

"That was easy." Norrin says. We check for tracker bugs, remove the GPS system and throw it in the road. We check on everyone, laying the dead down with proper burials and taking pictures of the bodies, giving the living food and water. We count fifty people in each truck.

The trucks were filled, smelled horrible of body odor, bathroom and other unpleasant smells. The trucks of the ILM arrive, with air conditioned boxes, a few built potties and actual food besides the cans of Spam and stale bread we found.

"Another successful mission." Dany said, smiling.

"Yep." We leave, turning invisible mode back on. After several hours, we reach our hiding spot. We park the bikes on the side and enter. I plop down on the couch and Aaron turns on the TV to the news. They talk about the new internment camps at the border. Footage of people being taken and houses being looted by thieves plays.

"This feels awfully familiar." Norrin says. They don't really look at the TV before grabbing the remote and changing the channel. It switches to another news network debating whether the internment of native folk was ethical or not.

"Of course it's white people debating that." Bree rolls her eyes, trying to open a can of Sprite.

"Trying to play devil's advocate to shit that really shouldn't be debated. Sounds like Fox News." Aaron says from the kitchen. "Frybread tacos, anyone?"

Norrin switches to a movie. I think it was Schindler's List. That's ironic, considering what we are going through.

"I'll take a few." Bree says. I grab one as the plate of them gets passed around.

"They're delicious." Dany says. Eventually, we decided to go to bed. As I lay in bed, I closed my eyes, trying to find some sleep.

"They did what?" Michael Winters slammed his fists into the desk.

"They managed to rescue the people from the Qualla reservation and kill all five guards assigned to protect the cargo." the man said, nervously. He was short, wearing thick rimmed glasses and balding.

"This cannot keep happening!" Michael said. "I will not have my forces humiliated like this! Any idea of where they were taken?"

"I do not know, sir." the man stumbled on his words. "They destroyed the GPS trackers."

Michael leaned back against his chair.

"God, help me. Get out." he said. The man nodded and walked away. He scoffed. He logged into his computer. He had an incoming video chat with Jennifer Dawson. He answered it. She looked annoyed at him.

"It was the Indigenous Liberation Movement, wasn't it?" she asked.

"Who else did you think it was?" he groaned.

"No one else. There's been multiple cases of them preventing relocation." Jennifer said. "It is really putting a plug on our plans."

"I know, I know." Michael replied. "How's the internment camps going?"

"We've been having militias attack compounds. Fortunately, we think we know the location of its leader. How is your project coming along?"

"He is ready. I just haven't found an excuse to use him yet."

"Well, you have one now. If he can kill the leader of the militia, I'll consider your plans for the military. Except we'll use willing volunteers, of course."

"Sounds fair. When do you want me to send him your way?"

"As soon as possible. I'll be in my office for the rest of the night." she said. She logged off without even saying goodbye. Of course, she did. He got up and walked to the hallway. He got to the elevator and pressed the lobby button twice. A scanner popped out from the side. He let it scan his eye and it released another panel with buttons on the side.

He pressed one button and the elevator went down. It went down, deeper than most buildings went around here. He finally reaches the floor. There was a room where they were working on various experiments. He reached the last room. He went through a retina scan, a fingerprint scan, and a voice recognition scan.

The door opened finally and there he was. He was asleep on the bed, looking refreshed. He was connected to various machines monitoring his vitals and Michael gently stirred him awake. He opened his eyes.

"Where? Who?" he asked.

"Welcome to the world. I guess this is one way to wake you up." Michael grinned.

"Who are you?" the young man asked.

"You are the future. With you, the human race will advance into a new era of prosperity and hope. But there are those who want to prevent that progress. They cannot succeed because that will doom us and our entire race. You were made to fight them and stop that from happening. And that is why I need you, Experiment 626."