17

Fuck! They all ran out to see what was happening. It was the New State. Shit. This wasn't good. He saw soldiers in the compound, arresting and dragging people away while others were fighting others. Mirelle was blasting them away with air. She was one of them??? Others were using their own powers as well.

Alma and the others quickly ran behind Six.

"You know the deal." Dany said. They nodded and Six nodded back. They ran into the field, using their abilities. Soldiers tried to fire and Six unleashed flames on them. They screamed and flailed, trying to smother the flames. He continued as Norrin threw water blasts, Dany flew energy balls and created force fields, Aaron bended their guns and hit them with it. Bree was throwing them into walls and doors.

Alma created tall, monstrous roots and wrapped them tightly in them. She created dirt fists and punched them away. He continued to throw fireballs, manipulate flames, and burn. Suddenly a tank arrived with a machine gun on top.

"Retreat!" Mirelle yelled. Everyone started to run as hails of bullets were unleashed on them. Some people fell dead and others injured. Dany created a force field around the gym exit as everyone ran in. Six joined them.

Alma took the potted plants and twisted them into tall trees that blocked the entrance.

"Go to the tunnels!" She yelled at the people. "It'll lead to the bunker!"

Everyone was running.

"What do we do now?" Six asked.

"We distract them so they got time to hide." Alma said. They ran into the cafeteria where there were multiple people already restrained and soldiers guarding them.

"Oh, Six. Its been awhile, hasn't it?" Michael said. Alma froze up.

"No way." She said.

Besides him was Lana and another man, tied up. Lana was handcuffed and sitting next to him.

"How did you-" Michael said.

"She told me everything." He grabbed Lana by the hair. She spit in his face. He cringed and wiped his face with a handkerchief from his suit pocket.

"You bitch!!!!" Alma screamed, trying to grab her. Michael tasered her. She fell to the ground, groaning.

"Alma!" Six said, running to her.

"Oh, that's adorable. You found yourself a cute little girlfriend. Unfortunately, you can't have her or the rest of your little rebel friends." Michael said, loading his gun. Alma's eyes widened like a deer looking at headlights. The others looked ready to attack.

"Michael, no!" Lana slammed into him. Huh? How did she know him? "Run!" She yelled. Six grabbed her.

The soldiers tried to ambush them when they were blown away by a gush of wind. It was Maddie.

"This way!" Maddie motioned them over. They were running.

"We have to get to the tun-" Suddenly a bomb threw them off their feet, shattered glass went everywhere.

"Maddie!" Alma exclaimed. She clearly had a head injury as she was bleeding heavily.

"I'm fine. Go." she said, weakly.

"No, we can't do this without you!" Alma said.

"Alma, go! As long as others like us are still alive and free, the movement will live on." she said.

Alma nodded and continued to run. Six joined her.

"Fuck, she was a good leader." Alma said.

Six turned to see her fighting the New State soldiers with her powers but he could tell she was weakening. He heard gunshots. Suddenly a group of New State soldiers appeared in front of them yet again. They had their guns pointed. Norrin and Aaron slightly nodded at each other when a pipe appeared from the concrete and swung at the soldiers, knocking them out. They stepped over the bodies.

Dany said, "The door! It's over there!" Alma and Dany spun it open. They ran in and Six managed to spin it closed again. It faded into the wall. They slowly walked down the stairs until a rumble knocked them off their feet again. He managed to catch Alma and Norrin in his arms before he hit the wall. Shit, his shoulder made a snapping sound.

"You ok?" Six asked them.

"My head hurts." Alma rubbed the back of her head.

"Same." Norrin said, scratching their neck.

They continued down the stairs until they reached the door. Aaron opened it and the ground shook yet again. There were people trying to enter through the door. The ceiling rumbled again and again. There were pieces of ceiling starting to fall. Suddenly the last rumble made the ceiling crack.

"Get in the compound!" Alma said. Everyone started to run into the compound. Dany created a force field around the cracks as they started to crack more. Alma made the roots seep from the cracks and thicken, covering up the cracks. Finally, the last person got in. Aaron pulled the door out and Alma quickly concealed the entrance with the concrete. They ran back into the staircase to be faced with the New State soldiers again.

"We can't seem to shake you off, can we?" Six asked as the ceiling at the hall collapsed. Six hoped that they would leave the people there alone.

"You're enemies of the state, no matter where we go, we'll always be on your heels." one of them says. "We can do it two ways; you turn yourselves in or die here."

"I think it's obvious what we're going to choose, don't you?" Alma said, looking at the patch of grass.

Suddenly, a blast sent them flying into the rubble. Six gritted his teeth. Fuck, that messed up his shoulder even more. God fucking dammit. His ears were ringing. He tried to use his powers but he couldn't. His head was spinning and everyone else looked delirious. Bree's ear was bleeding, Norrin's head was bleeding, Aaron was being dragged away and fighting them as he was tased, Dany's eyes had gone blank as they dragged her.

"Alma!" he said. Alma was knocked out and on the shoulder of another soldier. He tried to grab her when they jumped on him, slamming his head into the floor. He could feel him handcuffing him. Shit.