32

Michael grabbed my leg and pulled me down. 

“Alma!” Lana ran to me and pulled my arms up. Michael held on to both legs. Shit. This hurts a lot. I kick Michael in the nose and spring into my mother’s arms. 

“Lana.” I say. 

“Get out of here, don’t worry about me.” Lana says. Duane and Charlie ran to the elevator. I ran into the elevator with them.I heard a few gunshots go off. Lana runs in with us. I notice she looks extremely out of breath. 

“Lana!” I kneel as she starts to sink, catching her in my arms.

“I’m fine.” she said. “I'm fine.” 

Charlie presses the elevator button and we descend to the floor with the stairs. The people watch us exit the elevator. I wonder how he’s going to get down.

“We need your help.” I say. “Michael is trying to get us. If he lives, this will only get worse. We will all die. And he will win.” 

"Gladly." Patrick said. The other people nodded as well. He looked at Duane and Charlie. 

"I love you." He says to both. 

"I love you too, dad." Duane said. 

Charlie simply walked up to him and hugged him. He hugged both Duane and Charlie. 

"Stay alive, you hear me?" He said. Charlie nodded in tears. Duane saluted him. 

"Yes, sir." He sounded like he was trying to be funny but couldn't quite hold himself together enough for the joke. 

 We continued our descent into the stairs. I heard gunshots go off along with screaming and yelling. Charlie trips and I manage to catch her as we go into the next floor. There's dead soldiers on the floor and it's starting to stink. 

“I guess grab weapons or whatever you think will help.” Lana instantly sets her eyes on an automatic rifle. I watch her destroy the man’s hand to get it. Okay, then. I feel off about touching the dead. But then again, they’re Nazis, who gives a shit? I managed to get shotguns, a rifle, and a few knives along as ammunition. I found a few medical kits which consist of nanite shots, an Epi-Pen, sutures, saline wash, and bandages. 

Duane handed Charlie a gun and ammunition. 

“Here, just to protect yourself,” he said. “Do you remember how to shoot a gun?” 

“Barely, it’s been years.” Charlie said. “Dad used to love that range. He said that he met Mom there during the women’s self defense classes they used to have.” 

“Let’s just hope you don’t have to do any of the shooting.” Lana put a knife in her boot. “Let’s go. Michael can only be held off for so long.” We ran back to the elevator and we managed to make it to the first floor. There were soldiers everywhere, impaled, bloodied, and crushed. 

“Yikes, it seems like they did a number of them.” Charlie kicked a bloodied hand away. We continued out the door. There was gunfire in other places, a bomb went off in the distance, and people ran off in the distance. They continued to run as they saw the members of the ILM trying to make a makeshift medical tent. Mirelle and Maddie were carrying someone with multiple wounds in. It looked like gunshots. 

“Guys!” Mirelle said. Three planes passed us. They drop bombs and Dany along with others create energy shields. We duck and watch them destroy the surrounding area. Suddenly we see Michael and a small army behind him. Dany and the others throw energy shields. Other people and I make fists and columns that punch them into oblivion. Michael falls on the ground. Shit. 

His hand went to his pocket and I saw a gun. He pointed it directly at me. 

"No!" Lana slammed me into the floor. I heard the gunshots. I saw my mother laying in a pool of her own blood. 

"Mom!" I scream, crawling to her, grabbing her. She smiles as the bloodstained on her shirt gets bigger. She grabs my hand and cups my face with her hand. 

"Alma...I'm sorry." She said. "I'm sorry that I fucked up your life."

"Its okay, Mom. You were trying to protect me." I say. 

"No, I was selfish. You were happy with your grandparents, I should of left you with them. I just wanted you to love me." She said. I grab her hand on my face. 

"Please don't go." I say. 

My mother has tears on her face. 

"Tell Nanita that her daughter loved her. And that she's sorry for everything she did." She looked down and smiled. "Its going to be a boy."

Her death grip loosens and she goes still, eyes open. I close them. I scream, hugging my mother's body. I see my sperm donor, looking somewhat horrified at himself and staring at his gun.

I finally snap and motion the others. I wrap hardened dirt around Michael's feet. He struggles as someone forms a metal cuff around his hands. 

"Michael Winters, you are accused of crimes against humanity, violations against human rights, ,the deaths of endless civilians and forced conscripts, and the suffering of endless people. You are hereby sentenced to death by angry mob." Mirelle said. 

Michael stared at us. 

"Any last words?" Duane says. The rest of us grabbed whatever weapons were around. Mainly metal bars, messed up guns, and knives.

He spits on his shoe. 

"All hail the New State." He says. Everyone instantly beats the shit of him. He screams and pleads for mercy as we tear him apart. Finally, he's left a bruised and bloodied mess. Mirelle hands me a Desert Eagle. I load and aim at him. 

"Fuck you, Michael." I shoot him in the head. 

Everyone cheers and hugs each other. We're free.  Truly free. I hug Duane and we kiss. I notice a helicopter in the distance with the US flag. Some with a UN flag. We did it. We fucking did it. I stare at the sky and we see our ancestors all wearing their respective regalia and smiling at us. Then the image fades. We won.