19

They poured freezing cold water on him. 

"Where is the rest of them?" The torturer asked. 

Six stared at him. 

"I don't know." He said. He wondered who they were talking about. They tazed him. If he was a normal human, that would of killed him but instead he only felt pain. 

"There is no use in resisting. You are at our mercy."

"I don't know what you're talking about." He said as he was shocked yet again. 

"Alright, that's it for today. We'll start pulling fingernails tomorrow morning." The torturer said. 

They left the room after throwing him out the chair. His wrists and ankles were rubbed raw from the ropes they used. He was covered in bruises and burn marks on his body. Six just wanted it to end. He was cold too since they had taken his clothes.

Did Alma really say she loved him? He thought he had heard her say it back. He curled up in a ball. Damn. He would do anything to be back with their friends and her, of course. 

He heard screams. It sounded like either Bree or Dany. He ran up to the wall to hear it turn into sobs. He then heard muttering, something about she didn't know anything, and the door close. He saw a crack in the wall and dark hair visible from it.

"Bree? Or Dany?" He said. 

"Dany." She said, her voice muffled. The walls must be thin. 

"Are you okay?" He asked. "What did they do to you?" 

"They whipped me." She said. "They want information on where the survivors went. I don't even know where the tunnels lead to." 

"I'm sorry."

"No, Six. It was Lana that did it. That bastard said as much himself. She betrayed us." Dany said. 

Six sighed. "Any news on the others?"

"Not really. I think your cell is the last one on this side. I think the others might be in here but I can't hear them."

His heart dropped. He wondered what happened to his friends. Or the resistance leaders. Or Alma. Suddenly the door to his cell opened. It was Michael. 

"Look at you. You were once the key to our power and now you're being tried for treason. I should of known better than to trust your kind. You know, Jennifer didn't want them to use you for it. She feared this would happen and besides, she wanted a white man for this. I should of listened." He kicked him in the face. 

Six stared at him, feeling the bruising and a blood vessel popping in his eye. 

"Fuck you." He said. "I hate you and I'll keep hating you until my last breath. You took everything from me. I had a life before this, a name, and a family."

"You could of just found it out if you had stayed loyal to us. But you saw a beautiful woman and chased after her." Michael said. "I've seen the way you stared at her and heard when you confessed your love to her. Love is the death of duty, after all."

"It wasn't just that. I didn't want to do your bidding."

Michael sighed. "I saved your life and this is how you thank me?" 

"You didn't save my life. You took it from me

 You probably had something to do with that incident too." 

Michael punched him in the mouth. The veins in his forehead were popping, his nose flared and his eyes were full of rage. 

"I guess you'll die. Its not like there isn't willing candidates." He walked away and slammed the door. Six's eyes slowly began to close and he fainted. 

Someone was calling him. He slowly woke up to the ancestral lands. A woman stood above him, smiling. 

"Duane." She said. 

"Mom?" He asked, as he got up. A big smile appeared on her face.

"My baby." She hugged him and started to cry. "I knew you were alive. I always knew."

He hugged her back. "Mom, are you-?" 

She pulled away and grabbed his hands. Tears filled her eyes and his. She nodded. 

"I'm sorry, I should of never enlisted. I should of never left you or Dad or…." He started to sob. 

"No, no, no. Duane, look at me. Look at me." She cupped his face in his hands. He grabbed her hands. "You didn't do anything wrong. This is not your fault. The ancestors gave you, well I guess a third chance in this case, for a reason." 

"And what reason is that? I'm imprisoned, I can't do shit, I couldn't even remember my own name until you said it." Six said. 

"Honey, listen. You are much stronger than you think." His mom said. "We believe in you and we love you."

He hugged her. 

"Will I ever see you again?" 

"Of course you can. This is our realm, after all." She kissed him in the forehead. Then everything started to fade. The cell door opened and food was thrown. It was mushed bananas and stale bread. There was also a set of gray scrubs and matching underwear and socks. It was better than nothing. 

He grabbed the bread. It had mold on it. He threw it to the side. This was not it. He heard someone being dragged down the hall. It was a woman. She was cursing at the guards. The door opened and she was thrown in the room. It was Lana.  Then he heard another voice. That was Michael. He pressed his ear again the wall. 

"You piece of shit!" Lana said. "You lied to me!"

"I lied? You left me for him!" 

"Oh, please, its not like you didn't cozy up to that Nazi bitch after I left you!" 

"You had a child with someone else."

"At least I wasn't a genocidal racist maniac." 

"I wish I had never married you."

"Fuck you, Michael."

"We have already." The door slammed shut. 

A sigh escaped his lips. Lana was in the cell beside him. Maybe she knew something about Alma.