6

Jennifer returned from the door with their food. She put hers down first.

"So, Michael has told me a lot about you." she said, putting the plate on the table. "Read out your whole file to me, actually. He's proud of you."

"Is he?" He stared at the food in front of him.

"So what do you prefer to go by?" she asked him.

"I don't have a name...or at least I don't remember it." he said.

"Well, how about Six for short?" Jennifer sat down in front of him.

"That would work. So what exactly are you trying to do?" He asked. "Are you Michael's boss?"

The woman laughed. "I just oversee things. I'm sure Michael told you some of what we're doing."

"Something about improving the human race." Six started to eat.

"You see, we do want to improve the human race. But there's too much wrong with it. There exists criminals, the scum of the earth, rapists, child molesters, that entire crowd. There's also those with defective genes that pass them on to their children and continue a weak bloodline. There's also those who believe that those who cannot contribute to society deserve to live. And of course, there's the ones who believe they're equal to us." Jennifer stared at him.

"Oh." Fuck. Six did not want part of this at all.

"So you're Nazis." he said.

"I thought that having most of your brain matter replaced and altered would change how you feel." Jennifer raised her eyebrows. "But that can be fixed."

He felt a shiver down his spine. He was truly powerless at their hands.

"You want them dead, don't you?" he asked.

"Can't restart humanity if the ones dragging it down are still alive. You know the deal." she said. "I don't believe I have to repeat it to you."

He stared at his food.

"I understand." he said. "Just know I'm not happy to do it."

"Of course you're not. But think about it, you're doing the world a favor. Soon, we will finally be what we were meant to be. Your children will be safe from the influence of whiny adult children and savage heathens."

He hated it. He had to agree for his own survival.

"Maybe so." he twirled pasta around with his fork.

They ate in silence. She was upset, of course. Suddenly, the alarms went off.

"Shit, a breach." Jennifer said.

They both ran out. It was a group of guards running to the hall. Suddenly, a giant blast of water hit them. It was someone in a black skinsuit and a mask. The mask was black as well. They ran. Six ran after them. Then something swept him off his feet. It was another person who was somehow controlling air. The water bender got away. The air person threw him against the wall and ran as well.

"Lock down the facility!" Jennifer yelled. "Make sure no one escapes and everyone is accounted for!"

He got back up and ran after them. As they ran into a room, he felt a blast of fire hit him. He felt back, falling on his side and rolling around.

"Watch out!" a voice screamed. He looked around. It was a dark, dirty place. He was on fire again. His head was killing him. There were pieces of someone all over the place. A dead person in army fatigues lay next to him. He saw the medics run and check their pulse. He could see them approach him. What was that?

He was sure his chest and stomach got the worst of it. But there was no way to tell. They were making it hard to not want to kill them. He ran after them. Suddenly someone knocked him to the floor again. He quickly threw them down and heard a yelp. He managed to pin them down. Something sharp cut his face. He stared at the person again.

"Was that you?" he asked.

The person rolled and moved out from under him, managing to knee him in the ribs. Fuck. He grabbed them by the knee and pulled them down. They gave a high pitched yelp. The person swung at him, hitting his nose. Blood gushed everywhere. He grabbed them by the throat and slammed them against the wall.

The person was choking. He felt a knife to his ribs. He was too angry to feel it as his grip tightened on their throat. He felt them kicking the shit out of his ribs.

"Al-Parakata!" a voice said. He was knocked down by a blast of air. So the air bender was a woman as well. The other one. The person fell with him, gasping for air. They managed to run out. He ran after them. They stopped at a window.

"Guess that's the end of your road." he said. "We can do this the easy way or the hard way." The two turned towards him and towards each other.

"Not yet." the other one said. Damn, he couldn't even tell them apart. Same clothes and height and everything. They slammed against the glass and fell. He ran to the windows, feeling the glass bury itself in the soles of his shoes. Then a helicopter flew up as guards tried to shoot at it. One of the people on it gave him a middle finger salute and the other blew him a kiss.

"Fuck." he said. He was starting to feel the bruising, the knife in his ribs, the burns, and his nose all hurting at once. The adrenaline was wearing off but it was being replaced by pure rage. They were making this so much harder on him than what it should have been. He heard footsteps in the distance. It was the guards and Jennifer herself.

"They got away, fuck." Jennifer said. She looked at Six. "You put up a fight. Come on, we'll get you patched up and we'll discuss our plan of action next."

Six sighed. At least he'd get this knife out of his ribs.