30

I wake up in bed.

"Good morning." Michael said. "It seems I finally get to be a grandfather."

No. Oh God.

"I'm so glad I finally have an heir. I just hope its white genes pull through." He said. "As for you, young lady, I will keep you alive until you give my grandchild enough breast milk and you get to join its father afterwards in hell."

"No!" I say. "No!"

"You chose this, Alma. This is on you." He said. He motioned guards over. "Take her to the box with me. Let her see what her friends deserve for their betrayal."

I don't resist. We go to the courtyard where my friends stand, hands tied and in front of noises on a platform. They stare at me.

"Citizens of the New State!" He said. "These are all traitors and rebels. Duane Kilcher, Aaron Santoja, Daenaera Garcia, Bree Holland, Norrin Sage, Mirelle Crowes and Madeleine Redwing. They face charges of treason, plotting to overthrow the government, miscegnation, and degeneracy."

Suddenly a blast was heard. A tank appeared, with the old US Army logo.

I notice the trees nearby and force them to go taller. I wrap the bark around the guards and Michael and get off the box, running down stairs. People run into the arena, with pitchforks, bats, axes, anything. I quickly run to them.

"Stop them!" Michael said. I turn shrubbery into sharp thorny vines which wrap around the soldiers. I turn the wood into spikes and impale the executioners. I take their keys and free my friends.

"Alma!" Norrin said.

"Hey, y'all. I guess the calvary is here." I turn around.

"Let's do this!" Aaron says. I hear war cries and people throwing grenades. We duck. A car runs into the crowd, running over soldiers. The door opens.

"Yoooo!!!" Its a girl. She has war paint on her face.

"Lacey?" Aaron said. "You're alive!"

"Glad to see you too, cuz. Let's fuck up some colonizers!" She said, taking out an AK-47. Soldiers poured in from the outside. I noticed someone was stationed at the side. A New State chopper pops up and its blasted out of the sky. Someone waves from above. We run into the crowd. Duane burns people. Aaron twists guns and they either blow up in the soldiers faces or they get knocked out by him. Norrin summons water from the sprinklers and washes them into the wall. Bree spins them out of the arena. More fires, water streams, metal, and earth abilities appeared from different people.

I smile as I use my powers to form fists from the earth. Duane approaches me.

"I was scared, not going to lie." He said.

"So was I. And I am actually pregnant." I say.

Duane held my hand as he turned soldiers into crisp and I made fists.

"I guess I'm gonna have to practice my dad jokes." He said, facing me. Someone ran to me with a rifle and I punched him into a wall with a earth fist.

I watch as more people start to pour in. Is this real? Are we finally having our revolution? I smile as they attack soldiers with everything they have. I turn to the giant screens that had been broadcasting the executions. It was turned to a news network. There were riots everywhere. In factories, in fields, in the camps. A soldier gets his head cut off.

I turn to see someone trying to shoot me. Aaron bends his gun and I in exchange wrap earth around someone trying to take him out. Duane is with Norrin who's attacking them. I'm glad we did this. Michael and Jennifer along with the other people I'd seen are nowhere in sight.

"Norrin! Duane! Y'all!" I holler. "They ran. We have to find them."

"We'll join you." Mirelle said

"Same." Maddie replied. We all start to run into the entrance of the stadium. I see a chopper very close to the ground. Its Jennifer and all of the council that was with her. Bree instantly summons winds to pull the helicopter towards us. Veins pop out of her forehead. I instantly made trees entwine with the chopper. Aaron tilts the chopper as I slightly soften their grip and they fall down. An angry mob of people appear from a truck. Its all blonde and blue eyes girls, holding guns, knives, and shovels. Jennifer panicks.

Duane says, "It's the girls from that home."

"No!" She says. "No!" She looks at us. "I was trying to uplift us! As women, it was our-"

A girl runs up to her and smacks her with the shovel.

"Whore!" She screamed. The girls run to her, angry and start to beat her with their tools. Jennifer screams and pleads for mercy. She peeks at us, her face bloodied and battered.

"Please!" She said.

I smile. "No."

"For our babies!" A girl drew a stick through her abdomen. She screamed. "All the rape, the abuse, everything!" Someone drove an axe through her head. I turned and saw one of the men on the chopper screamed as they tore him apart.

"Are we gonna stop them?" Six watched a man with multiple military badges get dragged away.

"Eat the rich, baby." Mirelle said with a grin on her face.

"He was racist, who cares?" Norrin said.

We ran towards the building. There were people standing here in the main entrance, holding weapons and trying their hardest to smash the glass doors.

"Come out, you coward!" Someone yelled.

"Coward!" someone else yelled.

"Move out the way!" it was Aaron. I watched him throw a whole car at the glass which finally shattered it.

The people started to run in, ignoring the glass shards and metal sticking out. All of a sudden, machine guns came out of the top. Dany formed energy shields around it and they exploded within the shields.

"C'mon, now or never!" Maddie said. We ran in. There was chairs flipped over. I heard gunshots go off. Shit, they're still fighting.