hate to love you: Perry x Simon

PERRY AND SIMON(JEALOUS ROBERT)

Sometimes, even on their best days, robert irritated the fuck out of simon. Simon adored Robert, and of course arguments were a part of life, but sometimes things escalated for no reason. Such as this, simon was annoyed by robert who was getting really close to roger; simon felt threatened by roger, even if roger would never be able to replace him simon just didn’t like how touchy and affectionate they were.

Simon wasn’t the best at communication either, neither of them were. So when Simon brought it up to Robert, they got into it… regretfully.

Now, Robert wasn’t talking to Simon, and Simon was bitter with Robert because Robert wasn't talking to him. 

Very mature right?

“Simon?” Perry's voice suddenly snapped Simon out of his grumpy thoughts. Simon looked over to Perry, the other close friend in the band. Perry was a nice bloke, never did much to piss Simon off; which he appreciated. Though Simon could tell Perry had a thing for him, Perry stared too much; initiated conversations a bit too enthusiastically. 

“You spaced out a bit, are you alright?” Perry asked, peering over to look at Simon's face. Simon ‘s hair was down and all in his face, acting as a shield of sorts to hide how poorly he was feeling.  

Simon sighed softly, “yeah, i'm fine. Just… thinking about the argument Robert and I got into earlier." Simon mumbled, grabbing his pint of beer.

After the argument, Simon wanted to get drunk, he wanted space from robert. So he got perry and they went to the nearest bar; they were on tour to promote their latest album wish. It was 1992, they had already had a few shows for the tour but today they had a day off after flying on a plane for god knows how long.

Robert hated flying, Simon wanted to be the one sitting next to him on the flight but Roger beat him to it… 

Simon growled at the thought, taking a long drink from his beer before slamming it down on the bar with an angry expression. “That fucking asshole.” Simon growled, gritting his teeth. Perry made a face before laughing nervously and touching Simon's arm, “woah, calm down simon… take a breather, what did you and robert even fight about anyways?” Perry asked, glancing down to Simon's arm before taking his hand away quickly.

Simon sighed and crossed his arms, blowing a piece of hair out of his face. “Just… ugh, you wouldn’t understand.'' Simon snapped, rubbing his face.

This was so stupid! Simon hated that he was so smitten with robert. Robert had simon wrapped around his stupid little finger and robert knew it; simon felt helpless; like a animal trapped in a corner. Everyone knows what happens when an animal is trapped in a corner…

It lashes out.

An idea suddenly struck simon. Robert knew Simon was uncomfortable with how close he and Roger were; Simon was sure Robert was doing it on purpose- to make him jealous.

‘If robert gets to do shit like that… then why don't i give him a taste of his own medicine..’ simon thought, flexing his jaw before looking at perry- poor, stupid perry… he didn;t have a fucking clue about anything that was going on. Perry was just a loonie, innocent and naive to the toxicity that ran through the cure from time to time. 

Perry gazed back at Simon, growing more concerned with each moment until Simon suddenly smiled wryly. “I'm sorry… I know I'm being an ass. I'm just all wound up from earlier.” Simon said, patting perry;s arm before sitting forward. “O-oh.. its- its fine Simon, I know how Robert can be,” Perry said, his cheeks turning pink.