Chapter 7: The Four Champions

TW: Swearing, mention of sex,  Fred being very protective of Y/N. 

It was now finally the next week, it was now a Saturday. There was no school today except for the fact that the three champions will be picked today. Fleur and I have been talking about how she put her name in the Goblet and how excited she would be if she was picked. 

Cedric and I have been hanging out a lot, and whenever I would say the sentence 'I'm going to hang with Ced right now' to the twins and Lee they would all roll their eyes as the three of them weren't the biggest fans of him.  I am not surprised about Fred, but I am more surprised about the fact that George and Lee were acting that way towards Cedric.  

Cedric kept thanking me for giving him the confidence of putting his name in the cup.   I was the one who told Cedric to put his name in the cup, he was already thinking of it, however I was the one who made him put his name in the cup. He is one of my best friends, so seeing one of my best friends succeed will be amazing. 

Currently everyone was sitting in the great hall, excited and ready to find out who these three champions will be.  "Sit down please. And now the moment, you've all been waiting for, the champions selection!" Dumbledore exclaimed. 

I was sat beside Fred, while George and Lee were on the other side.  Dumbledore walked up to the Goblet of Fire, everyone in the great hall was silent and watching every move that Dumbledore was making.  The Goblet had this blue flame coming out from it, but then all of a sudden it turned red. 

"The Durmstrang champion is ... Viktor Krum!" Dumbledore announced, all of the Durmstrang guys were cheering for him as he walked up to where Dumbledore was. I saw that Ron was starring at him in awe. Everyone was clapping for him,  most of the girls in the great hall were clapping loud for him as their longing looks were starring in awe, also including Ron. 

The Goblet of Fire then turned the same red colour again.  "The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour!" Dumbledore announced. I start to clap loud for my friend as she made her way up to Dumbledore and shook his hand. 

"The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory!" Dumbledore announced, I clapped loud again for one of my best friends as he made his way up to where Dumbledore was.  He saw me and winked at me, which I smiled in reply to. I looked at Fred who was eyeing him angrily. 

"Excellent! we now have our three champions! But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the tri-wizard cup!" Dumbledore yelled out to everyone in the great hall.  The tri-wizard cup was shown, it was actually quite beautiful. I hope ether Fleur or Cedric wins it, one of the two. 

I looked over at the Goblet that was turning red again. I eyed it, why is the Goblet acting like that? "Freddie, look at the cup." I whispered in Fred's ear while pointing over to the cup. "Wonder what's going on." Fred responded and I nodded in reply. 

Then all of a sudden another piece of parchment paper comes out flying from the red flames in the cup.  The entire great hall went silent again, probably wondering what is going on. I am wondering the same thing as well.  Dumbledore catches the piece of parchment and looked at it. I saw his face go from confused to horror. 

"Harry Potter? Harry Potter?" He read from the piece of parchment paper. My eyes go wide. Did I just hear what he said correctly. The entire great hall was silent, everyone's eyes were falling on Harry. I looked over at the fourth year boy, who looked equally as confused and concerned as everyone else did. 

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore yelled again. The tone of his voice made me flinch a little. I saw Hermione push Harry up forward to go up to Dumbledore. I saw Harry look over at me with a confused expression on his face. I nodded my head over towards the cup and he nodded, getting what I was trying to say.