Chapter 11: Dates

I was hit in the back of the end... again, by Snape. It was currently a free period and everyone was studying in the great hall. I was sat beside Ron and Lee. Fred and George were sat on the other side of us.  Fred and I still haven't talk to each other, however we have looked at each other. So I guess that is a start. 

Fred and I usually never fought and when we have it would be over stupid little things and make up the next day. However this is the biggest fight that we have had so far.  It almost seems as if that Fred and I will never be friends again. It really is hurting me deep down, however I am not showing it. 

He was in the wrong so he has to apologize to me, I am not going to apologize to him for saying I was lying about dating Cedric. I am not dating Cedric and we are just friends so he has to understand that. 

I saw that Fred set a note over to Ron.  I looked at the note and it said 'Get a move on before all the good ones will be gone'. Maybe Fred is asking me to the ball, maybe this is his way of saying sorry. "Who are you going with then?" I heard Ron asked. 

Fred crumpled up a piece of paper and looked at Ron and then back at me. He then turned to face Angelina and threw it at her. I felt my heart sink as he was doing the motions and mouthing 'will you go to the ball with me'.  And the thing that hurted was she said yes. 

I looked down at my paper and finished it up quick and handed it to Snape. I then went over and packed up my things. George and Lee were sending me sympathetic smiles, I just rolled my eyes and ran from the great hall back to the common room. 

I then accidently bumped into someone. I fell to the ground and noticed that it was Cedric who I bumped into. "Woah Y/N, you alright?" Cedric questioned.  I nodded my head even though I was lying and I could see that Cedric knew I was lying as well. 

"Seriously what's wrong?" He asked. I sighed and took his hand and brought him somewhere that no one would interrupt us.  We sat down in the courtyard where there were no people anywhere. "Fred asked Angelina to the ball." I stated, the moment replaying over and over in my head. 

"WHAT?!" He asked a bit too loud. "Tone down the voice Ced." I said with a hint of humor in my voice. "Sorry about that, but seriously what is wrong with him?" Cedric asked. "I don't know, we have been in a huge fight lately since he thinks that we are dating." I said. "Oh, well he knows we are just friends right?" He asked. 

I sighed and nodded my head even though Fred is too stubborn to realize that I only have eyes for him. "Well since we are both dateless, want to be my date to the ball?" Cedric asked. I thought for a bit, my first choice would be Fred however he had his chance and didn't take it. Cedric is asking me to the ball so why not?

"I would love too." I stated and he smiled. "Great, oh and by the way we have first dance." Cedric said and I nodded. At least I got myself a date. Wait I got myself a date with one of the tri-wizard champions!!

I smiled to myself and start to walk back to the common room. I saw Fleur and she waved over to me to go and talk to her. I start to walk over to her when I see Ron shout 'Will you go to the ball with me?' to Fleur. 

She looked pretty shaken up from the shouting, Ron fainted and then got up and ran away. "Sorry about him, he has this crush on you." I stated to Fleur and she just laughed. "It's no problem, tell him I already have a date."  She laughed out. I nodded my head in reply. 

Fleur and I talked about the ball for a bit before her sister Gabrielle came over and said she needed help with something. I walked back to the common room where Ron was sat on the couch everyone talking to him since he asked out Fleur. 

I saw that Fred, George and Lee were all in the corner of the room. I met eyes with Fred and I just rolled my eyes in return. Honestly at this point I don't think we will ever be friends again at this moment. 

It was now night time. I was not spending the night in Fred's dorm or in mine. I was spending the night in Hermione and Ginny's dorm room. The three of us have dates already to the ball. Hermione going with Viktor Krum and Ginny going with Neville. 

However I couldn't sleep so I decided to go down to the common room to read a book. 

Fred's Pov: 

"Did you hear that Cedric asked Y/N to the ball?" I heard Lee ask George. "Yeah, I heard that." George replied. I was lying down on my bed rethinking about not asking Y/N and asking Angelina. 

I really wanted to ask Y/N to the ball. I would be crazy to say that I didn't want to ask her. However we haven't talked in such a long time. This was our biggest fight that we have ever had which makes me sad. It seems as if that Y/N and I will never be friends again. 

I asked Angelina to make Y/N jealous and hopefully talk to me again, however I feel like that plan is just going to backfire and end in an even bigger fight. I am so mad at the fact that Pretty Boy Diggory asked Y/N to the ball according to Lee and George. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it is true though. He probably did and now all the chances I have ever had with Y/N are gone. Out the window.  It makes me so mad that I missed my chance. I had my chance and didn't take it. 

Fred, why are you so stupid?  I thought to myself.  I saw George get up from his bed and head over to the door. "Where are you going?" I asked George. "Home where do you think Freddie? To the common room. I can't fall asleep." George said and I nodded. 

I turned over and looked at my wall. On the wall were pictures of George, Lee, Y/N and I. All together when we were in first year. I smiled at the picture remembering how happy we all were. When none of us were in a fight. Now Y/N and I are in the biggest fight. 

Y/N Pov: 

I was sat reading my book until I heard the sound of footsteps coming from the boys dormitories. I looked up from the page that I was reading and saw that George was coming down to the common room. 

I kept thinking about the fight between Fred and I. I would be to say that I wasn't shedding a few tears.   It really hurts to see Fred with Angelina acting like that he doesn't even care about the fact that he is actually hurting me. 

George came over to see I had a few tears rolling down my cheeks and sat beside me. "How does it feel when you see Angelina with Fred?" I questioned George. "I know, I'm your best friend." I said.  "It hurts it's going to lie." George replied. 

"I heard that you are going to the ball with Alicia." I said. "I heard that you are going with Cedric." He replied. "Yeah I am, is it true that you are going with Alicia?" I questioned and he nodded. "Lee is going with Katie as well. You know, it really is killing Freddie not to talk to you." George said. 

"Then why does he get you and Lee to say that to me?  I would rather hear Fred say it to me then having it be passed on, you know?" I asked George and he nodded. "Fred is just really stubborn and not the smartest person in our family. But I just want to let you know that it really is killing him even know it doesn't look like it is." George said and I nodded. 

He then hugged me tightly and got up from where he was sitting. "I suggest you better get to sleep. We have potions tomorrow and I am sure that Snape will not be in a good mood." George said with a hint of humor in his voice.  I laughed a bit and got up from the couch. "Goodnight Georgie." I said to him. "Good night Y/n/n." He replied.