Chapter 16: Third Task

Today was the day of the Third Task.  I was super excited for it even though I have been getting weird feelings about it.  However I am just pushing those weird feelings aside. Someone was going to become the tri-wizard champion! Which is pretty exciting. 

Everyone was already started to go down to the arena, I talked to Fleur and Harry before, however I didn't talk to Cedric yet. I want to speak to him before the task is going to start. To wish him luck and to tell him to be safe. 

Fred and I were walking hand in hand to the task, Lee and George were in front of us, collecting bets from people on who they think will win. Then I saw Cedric up a bit in front of us. "One second Freddie, going to talk to Cedric." I said to him while kissing his cheek before running up to where Cedric was. 

"Hey Ced, how are you?" I asked. "Hey Y/N, I am doing pretty well, just a bit nervous before this task starts, pretty sure the nerves will just go away once I have the cup in my hands!" Cedric exclaimed. I laughed at what he said and nodded my head. "Well Ced, since I did tell you to put your name in the cup, I deserve some credit." I pointed out. "You do Y/n/n, and even if I don't win this tournament, it will be one of the greatest things you have suggested for me to do." Cedric replied. 

I smiled to my friend and hugged him tightly. "Be safe, please." I whispered to him. "I promise I will, you don't have to worry. Sometime you, Fred, Cho and I should all do a double date. Even though, I don't think your boyfriend is the biggest fan of me." Cedric said exiting the hug and pointing over to where Fred was. 

"Freddie knows that you and I are just friends, he will learn to like you, he better because you are one of my best friends." I said and Cedric smiled. "You are one of my best friends as well Y/n/n, now why don't we get this third and final task over with? I promise you that I will be fine." Cedric said to me. 

"Pinky promise?" I ask holding out my pinky finger to him. We always pinky promised each other back in second year, we haven't done it in such a long time. I missed this not going to lie. 

"Pinky promise." He replied while connecting our pinky fingers. "No go win this thing." I said to him, he smiled and nodded his head. "See ya after the task Y/n/n!" Cedric called out to me while running down to the task. "See you after the task Ced." I said. 

Fred then came over to me and hugged me. "You alright darling?" Fred asked me, I nodded my head. "Just nervous Freddie, I don't know why but I have been getting weird feelings about this task. You know?" I asked him. "Love, I think that you are just overthinking it, I am sure that Cedric will be fine." Fred said to me and I nodded. 

Even though that made me feel a bit better, I still am worried and I have every right to be right. Three of my friends are going to be competing against each other in this task, and probably most dangerous one, well at least I think it will be. The first task with the dragons was already dangerous enough, I could've died if Cedric didn't rescue me in the second task. And Godric knows what this third task will be. 

-

Everyone was now in the arena, everyone was cheering and laughing. Loud band music was playing and the four champions were now making their way down to where they would enter the maze.  

I was sat beside Fred and Ginny. George was beside Fred on the other side, with Lee beside George. I noticed that Mrs. Weasley, Charlie and Bill were here.  I didn't notice them before.

I got up from my seat and went over to see them. "Oh Y/N, how lovely to see you." Mrs. Weasley said. "Did Fred finally tell you?" I heard Charlie ask. "Charlie, you didn't know? The two of them are dating." Bill stated. "Finally he told you." Charlie said.