28

ah I have so many endings for this book
•••

I paced back and forth in my room, biting my nails as I waited for a response from Murphy. Thirty-six hours. Nik has been missing for thirty-six hours and I couldn't get a single fucking answer from Murphy without needing to wait hours for accurate responses.

Why the hell did he have to be so stupid? He was always trying to do what the best for me was even if it meant disregarding himself in the process. As much as I loved him for it, the fact that Nik left because he thought he could handle my father on his own was the stupidest fucking thin he's ever done.

And when this is all over, that bastard is sleeping on the couch until he realizes just how stupid he was to do this.

But I like the way he spoons me whenever we sleep.

I could get over it. My clingy pregnancy hormones won't win.

Even though Nik helps me sleep most nights with a nice massage.

No. Nope. Never.

Plus, I always get sex and lord knows how much hornier pregnancy has made me.

...so the couch idea could be a maybe.
I got really off track.

"For fuck's sake, Murphy!" I yelled into my phone. "Just give me anything and I'll fucking go on that, alright? I'm not about to wait here while my boyfriend could be dead for all I know!"

I was met with the sound of tapping, which only pissed me off more. Have I mentioned how easy it is for me to get mad? Nik had to apologize for the day because he spilled water on the floor—the man immediately cleaned it and everything yet it only made me angrier that he did.

"I can't fucking believe you would allow him to do this," I then laughed out, "but what else did I expect from the guy who was secretly working against my father for six months without telling me, his best friend. I swear to God, Alexander, I'm going to make sure you follow right after my dad if Nik's dead because you were stupid enough to help him plan this."

Murphy didn't respond again, continuing to type. Knowing me, Murphy knew that I was speaking a load of shit and that would forgive him if Nik was alright, but these two idiots would be getting in deep shit after all of this.

"Alright," he finally spoke up, making me pause my pacing. "The last time I had insight on his location was when he was walking into the building from the hidden entrance me and you go through. He managed to get passed the first two floors on his way there but after that, everything's blank."

I ran a hand through my hair, my stomach twisting as my brain thought of every worse scenario. I tried to keep it at bay as I headed to the washroom, bending over the toilet just in case I felt the need to vomit.

I hate living sometimes. Why couldn't I be a dog in this life or something?

"I've been trying to hack into the cameras for the last four hours," Murphy said, "I'm almost through but I still need to get through a few more fire—holy shit, I'm in."

And, here comes the vomit.

Murphy patiently waited until I was finished throwing up everything in my system, flushing the toilet with a heaved groan and brushing my teeth.