17

how do y'all like the new book title?
•••

My God, I had no recollection of how I ended up lying face-up in front of the building I worked for. Niklaus was speaking the the chauffeur when I found my poor legs giving up on me, and I decided to rest for a little bit. Plus, I was very sleepy, and sleepy Kiara always won over any other Kiara.

But it may be neck-and-neck with horny Kiara.

"Kiara, you need to get up before you get trampled," my knight in shining armour spoke, chuckling when I let out a moan of protest.

"What if we don't make it to the... to the home?" I slurred out, my eyelids too heavy to open. "I-I told you not to let me drink, stupid."

"You told me you only came here to drink," Nik replied with a slight grin. "It's already one in the morning, kitten. We need to get you home so you can sleep off your hangover."

"No," I grumbled tiredly, shaking my head. "How about we... we can sit at home a-and watch movies and eat grilled cheese and make out."

"Or, you can get your ass in bed, I can finish my paperwork, and you can sleep all day tomorrow," Niklaus suggested, glaring at me when I groaned. "Kiara, I'm not joking anymore."

I whined. "Carry me."

Immediately, I could hear him let out an agitated sigh. Though my eyes were still closed, I could sense him near just before he picked me up and carried me bridal style, kissing my forehead after hearing my tired groan. He helped me into the backseat and kept my head on his lap, running a hand through my hair.

"You're such a lightweight," he muttered to me as the chauffeur drove off, making me roll slightly towards Nik. I smiled lazily and sat up, smacking his hand away when he tried to help me.

"Babyyy," I dragged out, resting my chin on his shoulder, "you seem sad."

Niklaus smiled to himself. "I'm not sad, I just don't like the fact that I'm gonna have to nurse you back to sobriety once we go home. Last time I checked, you're my girlfriend, not my child."

I grinned cheekily. "I'm both."

He rolled his eyes. "No, you're not. You're either one or the other. Just to let you know, one option gets sex and the other doesn't."

"Sh, sh, sh," I whispered, covering his mouth. "We don't want Patrick to hear you."

When he glanced up at the man driving us in the front seat, he shut the little window that divided us. He leaned back and I pouted my lips as he stared at me in bemusement.

"B-but I want the pee-pee," I grumbled, breaking his irritated stare as he finally let out a laugh. "Maybe as a hurrah for surviving the night."

Niklaus snorted. "A hurrah? You're ridiculous. Please remind me why I tolerate you?"

"Because I got that gorilla grip coo—"

Niklaus covered my mouth quickly, laughing. I grunted at my interruption, trying to pull my face away. Niklaus quickly silenced me once I pushed his hand away by kissing me, cupping the back of my neck.