4

sometimes I feel depressed and horny
•••

The second the words fell from his mouth, I stopped moving. My confused eyes fell into an emotionless stare and I refused to look away from his eyes, which had changed from hazel to a deep brown as he glared at me.

Well, shit. I knew he would have figured out, but this was too fucking quickly. I had to think of a way to distract him quickly before things went downhill fast and I ended up on the death sentence.

"This is a first," I finally spoke, resting my head against the pillow and sighing. Step one: keep calm, try to think of a way out. "Usually I'm the one on top of someone with a knife to their throat—but I'll make an exception for you just because you're hot."

Niklaus rolled his eyes and I saw his lips twitch before it fell into another blank look. "Answer the question, Kiara."

I smirked, staying silent. He wasn't going to kill me, I could see it in his eyes. Though this was definitely unexpected, I can't lie and say that it hasn't happened before... I just never slept with them that previous night. But, I would be honest, Niklaus looked sexy as fuck when he was mad.

"My being here shouldn't concern you," I dismissively told him, then paused. "Well, actually, it does... but that's besides the point."

Niklaus inhaled sharply when my finger traced the outline of his delicious-looking abs, grabbing my wrist and pinning it beside my head. I smirked, wrapping my legs around his waist and flipping us over. With his concentration on the hand travelling past his boxers, he didn't expect is when it shot up and grabbed the blade of knife against my throat, wincing at the slight pinch as it pierced the palm of my hand. I flipped it around and pressed it to his jaw, watching it tick in annoyance.

"I'll admit, the sex was fucking amazing," I told him, grinning. Niklaus grabbed my wrist and squeezed it until it began to hurt, making me hiss. That gave him a moment during my weakness before both of my hands were pinned above my head, leaving only my legs as a source of escape.

Step two: find a way to get out from under this 200-pound muscular brute.

"I'm not a fucking idiot, Kiara," he muttered. "You think you're the only one that's tried to kill me? Because if so you're stupider than I thought."

I glared at him, trying to move my legs as they suffocated under his weight. Niklaus added more pressure to them and I tried to hide my wince, stopping my movements.

"Of course someone else has tried to fucking kill you, idiot," I snapped, "do you even realize how much you're worth?"

"More than you'll make in a lifetime," he responded, his voice flat. "I've heard this hundreds of times, most of the time they aren't from a sexy blonde, though, so I'll give you that."

"Oh, fuck off," I muttered, my eyes quickly scanning the room for some way out. "You often bruise your one-night-stand's wrists, asshole?"

"When she's trying to kill me the next morning? Yes." He leaned down and my breath hitched, my face scrunching up to hide the need to kiss his very tempting lips. "Check, kitten. Your move."

I had to think quickly. Without hesitation, I moved my head back as much as possible as I could into the pillow before it moved forward and met Niklaus's, causing him to let out a pained shout and grab his nose. Feeling his hand remove itself from my wrist and neck, I sent as best as a punch as I could with my left hand, shoving him off my body and onto the floor.