21

I'm back!
•••

"Babe, look how blue the water is!!" I had my face desperately pressed into the window of the car, my heart pounding with excitement. "Nik, we need to take pictures at that beach!"

Niklaus, much more tired than me for having to wake up at six in the morning, grunted and kept his eyes closed. "Mhm."

In the front seat was some chauffeur, but he didn't speak English so I couldn't talk to him about anything.

"And then we can lay on the beach and relax—"

"Sounds great, love."

"—you can just stay on your towel like the lazy fuck you are while I flirt with Greek men who will actually be interested in what I'm saying."

That got Nik to open his eyes.

"I am interested, baby," he quickly spoke, hearing my snort in response as I rolled down the window. A blast of warmth hit my face and I smiled, watching the beautiful scenery unfold right in front of me.

"No, you aren't," I said in response. "That's fine. I'll find someone who will."

I was pulled away from the window, my hair wrapped around Nik's knuckles as he tilted my head up. I tried to fight off my victorious smirk but failed miserably, meeting Niklaus's annoyed stare.

"I am really not in the mood to deal with this right now, kitten," he muttered. I tried leaning closer but he pulled back, raising an eyebrow. "And I believe it's too early in the morning to be teaching you a lesson for even thinking that I'd just let my girlfriend talk to other guys when she's got everything she needs right in front of her."

I licked my lips. "I was just kidding..."

Niklaus narrowed his eyes and I couldn't help but look away, grunting. "Whatever," I grumbled. "It's your fault for being a little prick and not listening to me."

"I wouldn't say 'little' now, don't you think?" Niklaus boasted, smirking when he saw my eyes narrow. "Can't tell me I'm wrong, Kiara. You told me yourself, after all."

I rolled my eyes. "I hate you."

"No you don't." Niklaus moved his hand from my hair down to my throat, cupping it. I bit my lip, huffing when his lips only brushed over mine. "Now, stop fucking around, hm?You're so hyper today."

I pouted. "It's not my fault I've never been here before, whereas you've probably been here a million times with Lord knows how many blondes—"

"Brunettes, not blondes," he sarcastically interrupted, making my eyes narrow into slits. Niklaus laughed, shaking his head. "I'm kidding, love. I've only been here about four times and every time was, in fact, alone."

I hummed, crossing my arms and raising an eyebrow. He smiled sheepishly. "I shouldn't have made that joke, huh?"

"No, you shouldn't have," I spoke up. "Say anything like that again and you won't get any sex for a week, you hear me?"

Niklaus's full attention was on me, the smallest of smiles growing across his face. He tilted his head to the side slightly, then leaned over and kissed me slowly. I went to pull away but Nik held me in place, running a hand down my side to grip my hip.