19

I'm craving chilli
•••

There was a bowl of hot chilli and cold water beside me when I woke up from my little nap. Niklaus was neatly putting both mine and his laundry into different drawers, soft music playing in the background (I came to realize he can never do chores without music). I sat up without making much noise, grabbing the bowl and resting it on my lap. I slowly ate my chilli, watching Niklaus's back muscles flex as he concentrated on putting the laundry away.

Once he was finished, Nik turned around and raised a surprised eyebrow when he saw me eating my chilli and watching him. He leaned against the dresser, crossing his arms.

"Just because we had awesome sex doesn't mean I'm changing my mind," I told him, watching his lips curl up into an amused smirk.

"I figured," Niklaus responded, sitting on the edge of the bed. "You understand why I don't want you to go, right?"

With a defeated sigh, I nodded my head and moved my stare to my bowl. He gripped my jaw gently and tilted my head up, rubbing his thumb along my jaw slowly.

"I don't want to take the chance that you hesitate last second, Kiara," he mumbled to me, moving the pad of his thumb to my bottom lip.

All I could think about was the fact that I was just eating chilli and now his thumb was touching my mouth.

"But," he continued, biting his lip as he thought, "I know how important this is to you, too, so we can try to work around my plan, okay? It could take awhile, though, so we would have to think of a backup plan."

I felt a large smile grow on my face. "Really?"

Niklaus smiled softly. "Yes, really. I would have to call my boss, though, to let him know that there's been a change of plans. It could take awhile before I get his 'OK'."

I nodded my head quickly and carefully moved my empty bowl to the nightstand. He moved in to give me a kiss but I stopped him, standing up and starting to get out of bed.

"What are you doing?" He asked, stopping me as I tried to leave.

"I need to brush my teeth before kissing you," I explained, feeling him pull me back to him. "I probably have chilli breath."

"That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard," he told me, helping me onto his lap. "Chilli kisses are the best kind of kisses."

I snorted, my arms wrapping around his neck nevertheless. "Is that so?"

He hummed, "Yes, that is so."

Gripping the back of my neck, Niklaus pulled me down to him for a deep kiss. I moaned softly, my hand moving up to clutch his thick hair as he turned me on my back, pressing my back into the mattress.

•••

"Where exactly is this underground organization?" I asked Niklaus as I sat on the bathroom counter, putting my black lace bra on.

"Somewhere in Greece—Santorini, I believe," Niklaus answered, his voice muffled from the shower water hitting the ground as he washed himself down. "My boss is suspicious of you wanting to help us since you're related to our target, so he wants to meet you for himself to go over the plan."