Ayas story

Logan's prov.

We sit there in the base about to get some shut eye. I just look up at the celling for a bit. Aya is just sitting by me. I don't think she can sleep either.

" What's keeping you up?" Asked Aya in a soft tirdly voice.

" I don't know." I answer back. She looks at me. Then I look back at her. "What's keeping you up?"

" A lot of pain on my side." She answers with a smerk. I just looked back at the floor. " It sucks being the one that gets hurt since I'm probly the youngest here."

" How old are you?" I ask curiously.

" 18," She answers back. " My dad tought me a few things before..." She paused. It looked like she had a lot of pain in her eyes.

" What happend to your dad?" I ask trying to be gental. I see a tear roll down her face.

" My dad was in the military." She stops and looks down at the floor. " He was helping the ghosts with one of their missions. He was shot just under the spot where his heart is. With his dying breath he ask the ghosts to go tell his family that he loved us." She stops once more to wipe away a tear.

" They came up to the door and I was the one to open it. I was only 10 when they told us. Before the ghosts left I told them to stop the bad guys once and for all. Those were terrible times for my family. Because the same year my mom had died in a house fire. Then my brother and sister died by a drunk driver."

I felt terrible for asking what happend. Just seeing how she has no one felt terrible. I relize that I'm lucky since I still have Hesh. But she's not so lucky.

" I'm sorry for your loses." I say sympatheticly. A frown began to form on my face. She just smiled.

" Don't worry about it. It's nice talking to someone else about it." She seems happier now. I feel a smile come back on my face. " You see if all those terrible things didn't happen then I wouldn't be here now!"

" True." I agreed. She just smiles.

" So what about your folks?" She asks. " I've met Hesh but what happend to your parents or any other sibling?"
I felt sadness sneak inside me.

" My mom died when me and Hesh were really young." I state depressed. " My father was then killed by Rorke right in front of me."

" I'm sorry for your loses." She says in a depressed tone.

" It's fine!" I say happily. " If it wasn't for my dad I wouldn't be here now. He would test me and Hesh. That's how we're both ghosts now!"

" Cool!" She says excitingly. " But isn't Rylie also a ghost?"

" Well duh!" I state while squinting. " What else would he be?" She begins giggling. Its nice to be able to talk to someone like this. Her personality changes my mood everytime I talk to her.

" Yawn, I'm tired!" She says drowsly. " I'm going to try to sleep now so good night."

" Night." I say drowsly back. I can tell me and Aya will get along together just fine.