Chapter Fourteen

Wattpad reading time: 5 Minutes

----------------------

Tommy's POV

When I heard Y/N's voice, my breath caught in my throat, we hadn't talked in a week and I was so happy to hear her voice even though it was my choice to stay away. 

I was so desperate to hear her voice that I told Larry that I was going to edit all the upcoming videos because Y/N was in them. I had also spent more time than I should've scrolling through Twitter looking at fanart and edits of her and I. I wish some of them were real, I wish I could call her my girlfriend.

"That was quite a fight," She said, taking a seat beside me. I can't look at her, I might say something I'll regret or just leave, ruining the lore. I decided to just stare at the sunset.

"I wouldn't really call it a fight more like we got the shit beat out of us and we survived well enough to rebuild," I mutter, and out of the corner of my face I see her nod in acknowledgment. I start to zone out. I give her a side glance and god I forgot how beautiful she was, my memory did not do her justice nor did the camera. It couldn't capture her freckles, the blue of her eyes, or the pinkness of her lips. I shake my head slightly before letting myself get lost in the beautiful warm colors of the sunset.

God I missed her

But then she said something that caught my attention. "I know, I saw," she said.

I sit up straight and tearing my eyes away from the sunset and look at her. "That means you were watching and not helping," I say, scrunching my eyebrows. I mean, I knew and understood canonically she's not supposed to get in the middle of L'manburg problems but I still gotta act.

I don't know what her lore is but from what I've picked up it doesn't have much to do with me and it's supposed to be bad.

"I'm sorry guys, but I'm neutral, I don't like picking sides," Y/N says, bringing her hand away from Tubbo.

"I have a country to rebuild, Y/N, if you decide to join our side, you know where to find us," Tubbo says with a sigh and a shake of the head before heading over to the prime path that heads to L'manburg, the country that he's too young to run.

"Things have changed haven't they?" She asks, but she has no idea how much truth those words hold, no at this point she probably has some idea.

"Yeah, they have," I say, looking at her with a sigh.

"Why do they have to change?" she shouts, her voice wavering.

"Because you saw us in danger and you did nothing!" I scream, standing up.

Because you're dating him and couldn't even tell me

"What could I have done?" she asks, standing up, she scrunches her eyebrows, her eyes flicker across my face before landing on my eyes. I feel myself getting lost in her dark eyes, I look at the ground before kicking the grass up.

"You could have talked to me," I mutter, knowing that my words heald a deeper meaning.

"How can I talk to you if you won't talk to me," she shouts, tears pricking at the corners of her eyes and I can't help but feel that maybe this wasn't acting anymore.

This feels too real

"I can't do this right now, as vice president I have to help my best friend run a country," I say, following Tubbo down the prime path that he had just walked mere minutes before. 

I take a deep breath and turn in time to see Y/N's silhouette crumpled on the ground, crying. I also see another figure, this one is walking down the prime path towards the bench, I can't make out who it was, not caring too much knowing that I'd be able to watch a clip later. I help Tubbo out with plans for L'manburg and the new potential citizens. 

My mind is still stuck on Y/N. I hurt her by not talking to her and I hate myself that I made her hurt, but talking to her and realizing that I didn't have a chance with her right now hurt me and I'm allowed to care for myself and give me time to heal and maybe move on. I'm just trying to spare myself the extra pain that would with talking to her.

"You okay, Big man, you zoned out on me for a bit," Tubo says, looking up from the plans.

"Yeah, I just think I'm going to be ending stream here for today," I say, flipping to my face cam. I say all the normal stuff letting on autopilot before I knew it I ended stream, sending my viewers to Tubbo. I decide to just chill and talk a bit more with Tubbo and I was doing fine until I heard Y/N come in, I tense a bit. It was fine though, she decided to not talk anymore leaving Tubbo and I to just talk.

After a while, Tubbo ends his stream, sending his viewers over to Philza, and I'm just left with my thoughts when he decides to hop off vc to talk with Y/N. 

I fight the urge to FaceTime her, knowing that if it had been two weeks ago we would be laying down talking to each other, and decide to rewatch the lore that she was apart of to try and fill that gap that's been missing since Tubbo and I had gone off to continue our lore without her. After a while, I realize I can't find the conversation that Y/N and that figure had.

That's weird most lore happens on stream, why wasn't the figure streaming... and who were they?

I shake my head, I really need to think of anything but her, but my mind couldn't help but be drawn back to her.

God, I hate that fucking Oliver got to her first. Maybe if she knew I liked her she wouldn't date him. That means asking her about it and when she tells me that she's dating him, I don't know if my heart can handle that.

I sigh and decide to start working on my homework. Even though I've become pretty well-known I still try my best to keep my marks up. My mom would not be happy if I fell behind on my work or marks. It was fifteen minutes into my maths assignment when I saw a notification, a Twitter notification to be exact.

@dream

Just destroyed a country, feeling good.

I see the replies and likes start popping up, I roll my eyes with a fond smile even though months of work had gone into L'manburg, I was quite proud of the legacy I'm building with my friends not only on the server but on the internet. One thing about the tweet that caught my attention, two people like the post, two that I hadn't seen like one of his posts in the past. @Ranboosaysstuff and @y/u (go follow ranboo and his alt).

Wonder what that's about

I guess no matter how much I try my mind always goes back to her.

You got a text from: BeeBoy

------------------

[Words 1,223]

Eyup what did Tubbo want? Why did ranboo and you like dream's post...? Wonder what's gonna go down next...