Chapter Twenty-Three

Wattpad reading time: 6 Minutes

----------------------

Oliver's POV

I can't believe Delilah did that.

She showed up at Y/N's house and started swearing at her for 'touching her Tommy', little did Delilah know that Tommy was upstairs and if Y/N hadn't asked me to take her home, I would've told her about him being there. I fumed as I get the notification from Twitter, it was Y/N's update account, it let me know she was on Tubbo's stream.

She looked carefree, I felt bad for trying to lead her on, how could I try to hurt her like that.

I also did feel bad for myself, I could feel myself falling for her, and I had no idea how to stop it. The plan was meant to be simple, but just like the countless amount of people in Tommy and Tubbo's twitch chat, he was a simp for Y/N.

As the Christmas holiday ends, I pull myself out of bed and get ready for school. I sigh as I follow Delilah into the car. I drag myself from the car as we pull up to school. I lay my head down on my desk as the first bell rings. I felt as if I was stuck in a slump, I started to talk to her for the wrong reasons and I was hoping it wasn't too late to try and make things right.

I see walking down the hall later in the day as lunch was starting, I walked up behind her with a shout of her name. She turned around with a bright smile she waves and greets me as normal, there's just something about it that makes my heart warm, something I hadn't noticed before, she genuinely looks happy to see me and I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face as I got closer.

"Hey," I smile as I pull her into a hug.

"Hi," she says with a content sigh.

"I've got to talk to you," I was as we start to walk down the corridor leading to the canteen.

"Sure, I also wanted to talk to you."

"You can go first."

"So I was talking with Tommy last night and he asked me to be his girlfriend," she says, I can feel the dread spread across my face, and the urge to cry starts to build.

"What'd you say?" I ask, slowly, hoping for the best, hoping she had turned him down, hoping that maybe by some saving grace, I still had a chance with her.

"Well I said I had to talk to you first, you know to clear the air between us," she admits. I wanted to shout no. I wanted to pull her to my chest and hold on to her forever.

I knew I couldn't do that to her though.

As much as I hated it, this warm feeling in my chest was probably the sprouts of love and I couldn't be selfish like that. But I don't think I'd be able to bear seeing her with him and knowing I had lost my chance with her over a simple plan gone wrong.

"I think what I tell you will clear everything up," I say, taking a deep breath, looking down at y hands which were in my lap, knowing there was no turning back. From this moment on, she will hate me and that's pretty much what I deserve. "I approached you because I knew Tommy liked you." I look up at her, her face was full of confusion. "Tommy took the last girl I liked and asked her out. I thought... I thought I could get back at him by asking you out."

"Were we ever friends?" She asked, I stomped down the urge to wipe away her tears. Breaking up my friendship with her would help save me the pain. Maybe in another lifetime, we could be together more than best friends.

I take a deep breath in and knowing this is probably the last time I'll talk to her. "No, we were never friends."

Her face scrunches. The next thing I knew, I was holding my cheek in pain, she had hit me. She cooly says "I guess we were never meant to be. I'll be seeing you, Oliver." She turns on her heel and brings her hand to her face as a sob escapes past her lips.