𝟎𝟒

ASIYA
BEVERLY HILLS, CA

My at-home suspension was finally up so now I had ISS for four days. It really was no point in me going to school if all I'm going to do is sit in a room and look stupid.

"Asiya come on if you want me to drop you off at school!" My mom yells from downstairs.

"Here I come now!" I yell back as I slip on my shoes.

It took me a little while longer to get ready because I decided to do my makeup today. I don't know it's something about getting dolled up that puts me in a good mood.

When I'm finally ready I walk downstairs to see my mom and Aspen waiting for me at the door.

"Who you all dolled up for?" She questions as I grab my hoodie.

"Nobody. I can't look pretty for myself?"

"Mm-Hm. Probably got a lil' boyfriend at school." She mutters loud enough for me to hear.

She grabs Aspen's hand and walks out the door. I follow behind them.

"I do not have any boyfriend. I don't even like them dusty kids at that school for real."

"Yeah, okay. You think you slick. That's what I used to say to my mama when I ain't want her to know I had a lil boo."

No miss gworl, I KNOW I'm slick.

I help Aspen into her car seat while my mom gets the car started up. Once that was done I got in the front seat and my mom began the drive to our school.

After about fifteen minutes of driving my mom starts with her daily rant, "When you get to this school don't be acting a fool in this ISS. These people up here always calling my phone then be mad when your daddy show up on they ass."

The school hated when my dad showed up to the school for some reason. I think it's because they're scared of him.

"I still don't understand why I even got suspended. Betty and Paul need to control their child."

My mom busts out laughing, "you did not just call them people Betty and Paul!"

"Betty and Paul?" Aspen instigates from the back seat.

My mom's laughs die down. "But I thought you and Hunter were friends? I'm still confused on why you guys fell out."

"He wanted to act all fake and shi- stuff in front of his lil white friends."

"Well he is white," she chuckles.

"So? He could've at least stuck up for me when they tried bullying me."

He had his little glow up and started acting differently. Then had the audacity to try and bully me in ninth grade.

I did have a slight crush on him throughout middle school and freshman year of high school but it ended up changing when his demeanor towards me changed negatively.

He let all that popularity get to his head and I wasn't going for it at all.

"Wait," My mom stops talking as she thinks, "we talking about Hunter Collins? Hunter Brady Collins? Your crush?"

"I don't have a crush on him," I grumbled.

"Mommy, Sysy got a crush on Hunter."