𝟐𝟗

HUNTER
BEVERLY HILLS, CA

It was the next day and my mind was running crazy just thinking about the results of the test.

Now that I think about it more and more she could've paid the doctor to do a fake one.

I just felt bad for Alex more than anything. He's young and pure. He doesn't even know what's going on.

But I guess that's the good thing about it. He won't ever need to know about his mom's whore ways.

I carried Alex downstairs and into the kitchen where my mom was cooking breakfast.

Everyone was in the dining room eating, except for Noah.

"Morning mom."

"Morning, baby."

She was at the stove cooking some more eggs and bacon.

"You're still going to watch him for the day?" I ask my mom as I get a bottle out so I could make Alex's morning bottle.

"Of course." She smiled. "Just set him up in the living room with his rocker."

"Alright." I adjusted Alex on my shoulder and continued making the bottle.

He got fussy, so I hurried up and made his bottle.

"Are you not eating breakfast?" My mom asked before I left out of the kitchen.

"No, I'm fine. I'll pick something up later."

She nodded, and I left out the kitchen and went into the living room.

After I finished feeding Alex, I sat him down in his rocker.

While I was sitting there rocking the chair gently, I kept thinking about Asiya.

I missed her so bad. She was all I thought about when my mind wasn't occupied with being a dad.

I know that she's upset right now, but I don't want to come to her empty-handed.

I wanted to come to her with solid information and not a bunch of empty promises.

When I saw Alex was dosing off, I picked him out of his chair and lightly tapped his back.

"Hey wake up kid. It's not nap time yet. If anyone needs a nap, it's me." I chuckled.

I heard my mom's footsteps click against the marble floors as she walked into the living room.

"Okay, let me take my handsome grandson so you can go to school. You'll be lucky if you graduate." My mom reached her hands out to get him.

I handed her Alex and gave her his spit up towel as well.

I picked my keys and my phone up. I turned around and got ready to leave out the door.

"Hunter, you might want to change your shirt. It's old spit up stains on the back." My mom chuckled at me.

I sucked my teeth and turned back around so I could head to my room and change.