𝟐𝟐

ASIYA
BEVERLY HILLS, CA

My head laid in Nevaeh's lap while tears fell down my face. When I had told her what happened, she decided to come home for the weekend.

"Asiya, just chill." She mumbled while rubbing my back.

"If you knew that Beth trifling ass didn't want to see your relationship thrive, why would you believe her?"

"I don't know." I wiped my face. "The time stamps add up though."

"Exactly. And girl fuck those time stamps. Beth is ran through and a hoe. Anybody can be that baby's father. You too big to not know how to communicate with someone you love. Then on top of that, it's basically showing that you don't trust him."

I nodded, taking in everything she was saying. She's right. Instead of believing Beth right off the bat, I should've talked to Hunter first.

"I do trust him it's just I know that he and Beth have a past of sleeping together."

Neveah sucks her teeth. "It's a past for a reason Asiya. just go talk to him. That's all you gotta do."

"Alright."

I sat up and got up off the bed so I could get ready. I went into my closet to get out a pair of sweatpants and a black shirt. I got dressed and decided to keep my bonnet on.

"Can you drive me to his house?" I ask Neveah while walking back into the room.

"Yeah, just send me the address."

"Alright." I grabbed my phone and house keys and walked back out of my room with Neveah following behind me.

"Mom! me and Asiya about to leave out." She hollered from the bottom of the steps.

"Don't be out all night!" She yelled back.

"Alright."

We left out of the house and got in Neveah's car. She got herself situated and pulled up maps so she could put Hunter's address in it.

After what had felt like a long while, we had finally pulled up in front of his house.

I took my bonnet off and fixed my hair up a little. I should've did that in the house instead of being lazy.

"Thanks, Veah," I murmur while getting out of the car.

"Mmm-hmm." I hear her respond.

I walk up to the door and before I could even knock, Mrs. Collins had opened it.

I flinched a little because she was so close. I took a step back and sent her a forced smile.

Scared the shit outta me.

"Hey, Mrs. Collins. Is Hunter here?" I ask.

"Hey, Asiya and yes, he's up in his room right now. Come in." She opens the door wider and steps out of the way so I can come in.

"Thank you." I give her a genuine smile before walking away and making my way upstairs.

When I got in front of his door, it was locked. When I knocked on it he didn't answer so I used a key off of my keychain to unlock it.

It was one of those keyless doorknobs. When I walked inside, I coughed from the strong smell of weed that took be my surprise.

His room was hot as shit.

He looked up from his spot in the bed and paused the Transformers movie that was playing.

"Hey," I murmured nervously. It had been only two days since we had seen each other.