𝟎𝟕

HUNTER
BEVERLY HILLS, CA

"The girl just better be pretty to be sweating about."Keith, a linebacker on the football team says.

"Nah, Asiya real pretty, she just wasn't tryna give it up." I heard Messiah say to some boys from our team. "I was playing nice for a whole two weeks, but I couldn't take that shit no more. I know it's a hoe in there somewhere. She was just playing me."

I grabbed my shirt from out of my locker and put it on.

I didn't appreciate them talking shit about Asiya, it was pissing me off even more. I was already pissed off about what had gone down between Asiya and I the other day.

I care about her a lot, and I didn't mean for what I said about her little sister to come out the way it did. I didn't mean to indicate that her little sister is ugly at all.

I mean yeah she was right my sisters were in the wrong for being bullies but they're my sisters. I don't care if they're right or wrong, I'm going to stick up for them in public then check them in private.

"Aye Hunter, you heard what I said?" Messiah calls out.

"What man?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

Why the fuck is he even talking to me? I don't even associate with Messiah and all he's trying to do is get a rise out of me.

"I know you hang out with Asiya. You get in it yet?"

My face frowned up. "Why the fuck are you worried about it?"

"Nigga chill, like damn." Messiah chuckles, "I'm just tryna see something real quick 'cause how the hell you get in it before me? Ya' white ass."

A couple of other people in the locker room laughed at his joke but I didn't find anything funny.

Messiah was really starting to get under my skin and I could feel myself growing angrier by the second "Fuck did you just say?"

He smirks at me, seeing that he accomplished getting me riled up. I noticed that that's what he wanted in the first place, so I took a deep breath and unclenched my fists before turning back around.

"I said I see why she wasn't trying to give it up to me. She was already being a whore for the white man." He taunts.

It was like I was trying to calm myself down, but that shit went out the window and all my anger came to the surface. I wasn't thinking anymore, I was just doing. It was like it naturally came to me.

It felt like everything went in slow motion as I walked the short distance from my locker to his and punched him right in his mouth.

He touched the side of his face before landing a blow on the side of my jaw. It was like I blacked out after that moment. All I remembered was continuously throwing punches at him. I had to give it to Messiah, we were keeping up with each other.

"Let him go, son!" Coach Forbes yells as him and multiple other teammates try to break the fight up.

After a minute I let go and let them take me out of the locker room and into Coach Forbes' office. I sit in the chair that sits in front of his desk. I run a hand through my hair, then put my head in my hands as I try to calm myself down.