𝟎𝟗

ASIYA
BEVERLY HILLS, CA

Music played through my speaker as I just laid in my bed and looked up at the ceiling. I don't know why but today was just one of those days where I'm just sad and lonely. Sometimes I wish I was still close with Hunter.

He was the only friend I had in my life. But I just had to ruin it when I told him that I had a crush on him. Actually, let me shut up. It's not my fault he's an entitled dick.

If he didn't like me back, oh well. That's his problem. My phone started ringing, which made my music cut off.

"Hello, mom?"

"Come downstairs because your little friend is here for your project." Before I could respond, she hung up.

What fawking friend?

She kiki all day. Let me get up and go down there before she starts being loud. I get out of my bed and pull my biker shorts down a little. I put my slides on before walking out of my room.

When I get to the bottoms of the steps, I'm surprised to see Hunter standing there, waiting.

"Hunter?"

He looks up from his phone and smirks at me, "hey Siya."

"Hey," I purse my lips.

How the hell does he even remember where I live at?

I narrow my eyes at him, "What are you doing here."

"Our project, remember?"

"Oh, right?" I act like I know what he's talking about.

I walk the rest of the way down the steps and as I walk past him to get to the kitchen, I get a whiff of his cologne that I secretly love on him. When I walk into the kitchen, my mom tried to act like she was busy cooking.

Girl, you ain't slick.

"Ma, is it cool if me and Hunter go upstairs to my room so we can start on our project?" I ask.

I'm pretty sure she'll say no. Once she says no, I'll tell Hunter we can work on our so-called project during study hall at school.

She stops chopping up the green peppers. "Yeah, but leave that door wide open. I don't feel like hearing your daddy's mouth when he gets back from the store."

I put on a fake smile, "okay."

I kissed my teeth as I walked back to the foyer where Hunter was waiting for me. She was supposed to say no. I swear any other time she would've said no. Now she's trying to act all fake.

"C'mon," I mutter as I walk up the steps.

I let him walk into my room first before I walk in, leaving the door wide open. He sits down in the chair at my desk and drops his book bag down by it. My music was still playing from earlier and now Street Runner by Rod Wave was playing in the background.

"What are you really here for Hunter?"

He frowns, "I came to see you. You weren't at school all day."