𝟏𝟐

ASIYA
BEVERLY HILLS, CA

"You sure it's cool that I'm here?" I ask for most likely the hundredth time.

He groans. "Asiya, I already told you it was cool. Why you keep stressing it?"

"I'm not tryna get yelled at by your mama cause you're not allowed to have people over. It's not like she gone do anything to me, but still. I don't want to disrespect nobody."

"You're not disrespecting no one, I promise." He sighs.

"Okay,"

I hope his parents don't come home and have a problem with me being here.

We got out of the car and walk up to the door that's inside his family's garage. They had 12 cars in their spacious garage. We walked inside his house and my eyes widened at the size of the foyer.

As we walked through the house towards the stairs, I admired how large his house was. It still gave off a nice cozy vibe.

He led me upstairs and down the hall to his bedroom. When I went inside, I took a seat at his desk. His room was pretty simple, nothing too major in it.

He goes into his closet to change. I sit my book bag down and take out my stuff for him to help me with my math work. I currently have a C in that class and that's unacceptable for me.

He comes back out of the closet with shorts and a wife-beater on. "Ima order some food from door dash. What do you want?"

"Uh, get me some chic-fil-a."

He kissed his teeth, "bro, we get that shit every time we together. I'm not getting that."

I mug him, "why ask what I want then?"

"I wanted to see what you were gonna say first. We getting Popeyes anyway."

Boy, don't nobody want that shit.

I stay quiet as I finish looking for the math paper our teacher gave us to do. I swear on everything I love, I hate math. Half the shit you learn you won't even need in the real world, foreal.

Once I find it, I turn around so now my back is facing him. The page was completely blank my name wasn't even on it. I stare blankly at it to see if I knew at least one problem. I sighed heavily and pulled out my phone that kept ringing with notifications from Instagram.

Before I could check to see what it was Hunter called my name, "Asiya?"

"I know you not mad cause I'm not ordering chic-fil-a." He gets up off the bed and walks towards the chair and spins it around so I'm now facing him.

"Shut up cause nobody is even mad." I roll my eyes.

He smirks, "whatever you say, Siya."

I turn back around and stare at the piece of paper again.

"Hmm, let me help you." He grabs a pen and sits a blank piece of paper beside my homework sheet.

As he explained and wrote the problem down on the paper, I felt his cool minty breath against the side of my neck. If his breath stunk, I would not allow this shit. His back brushed up against my shoulder from time to time as well as his arms brushing against mine. It made me feel weird. Like the butterflies in your stomach weird.

Instead of paying attention to the math, he was doing, I was paying attention to how he felt against me. It made my head hurt a little.

I couldn't go back on my word because a month ago I told him I just wanted to be friends. My pride wouldn't let me look desperate. I mean, am I desperate for liking a guy like Hunter?