ch.1

first time again

   i stood in my bedroom, smiling down at the positive pregnancy test i held in one hand while the other gently rested on my small bump

it had been two weeks since the accident with pete and reg. nothing had gone back to normal since then, how could it?

deanna was still mourning the loss of her beloved partner, causing me, rick, spencer, and kennedy to take over as best as we could.

i jumped slightly, hearing a loud knock on the door. glenn soon appeared, closing it behind him as he made his way in.

"is it positive?" he questioned, cautiously stepping towards me, unsure of what words might leave my mouth.

i paused, trying to pull his leg a bit. soon a smile broke across my face, unable to hold back my happiness any longer.

"it's positive, love" i assured, watching a smile creep onto his face too.

he gently grabbed the test out of my hand, examining it a bit before pulling me into his embrace.

"finally, we know for sure now" he huffed out, pulling away after a while to get a good look at my face.

i nodded, moving in to place a small kiss on his lips, "come on, we need to meet rick and the others at deannas... we have that meeting about the quarry."

the walker quarry had been discovered by rick and his old friend, morgan, who showed up the night of the accident with reg.

glenn sighed, totally pulling away from my embrace to grab his gun, setting it into his holster.

"you're right, let's not keep them waiting."

he reached his hand out, grabbing mine into his, leading me to deannas.
__________

"so all the while the walkers have been drawn by the sound..." michonne started, crossing her arms against her chest, "they're making more sound and they're drawing more in."

rick nodded, placing his hands on his hips.

"now what i'm proposing, i know it sounds risky... but walkers are already slipping through the exits. one of the trucks keeping the walkers in could go off the edge anyway now.."

i glanced around the group, leaning forward in my seat, "that exit sends them east. all of them, right at us."

kennedy nodded at my words, also stepping up, "this isn't about if it gives, it's when. it's gonna happen"

everyone paused, ensure what to say about what we had just said. carol caught my eye as she fiddled with her hands, soon stepping up to break the silence.

"this is- i don't even have another word for it. this is terrifying...but it doesn't sound like there's any other way."

deanna hesitated before nodding, her eyes never leaving the window, "we're gonna do what they say... the plan they've laid out."