ch.6

not tomorrow yet

     my eyes never left the white and black screen as i admired our little bean. my heart felt ease, hearing the soft little heart beat.

     glenn held my hand in his while dr

     glenn held my hand in his while dr. carson moved the scope gently across my still small stomach.

    "i'd say the baby's somewhere between fifteen to fourteen weeks." dr carson informed, removing the scope from my stomach.

     my eyebrows furrowed, giving him a concerned look, "that can't be. my stomach has barley grown"

     carson chuckled, cleaning off the remaining gel, "it surprised me too, but the baby's in perfect condition"

     his words caused a small smile to form on both me and glenns face as we looked at each other.

"i love you" i mumbled, sitting up from the cot.

he moved his hands to the sides of my face, pulling me closer to place a light kiss on my forehead, "i love you more"
____________

my head rested on glenns shoulder as rick drove the rv back to alexandria.

i kept my eyes trained on the ultrasound photo, watching glenn hand it to michonne who sat next to us.

her lips tugged into a small smile, looking down at the orange sized unborn baby.

once she was done, she passed it to daryl, who sent me a tiny smile. which made me happy, considering my best friend never smiled.

as the photo traveled around the group, my hand fell to my stomach, gently rubbing over my small bump.

"girl or boy?" i whispered to glenn, causing his eyes to also fall on my belly.

"both... twins"

i chuckled, lightly punching his arm, "yeah, you wish"

he smiled, placing his hand on top of mine, "hm, i think a girl"

i nodded, "okay, then. i'm gonna say it's a boy"

"should we make this a bet?" glenn asked, earning a confused look, "you wanna bet on our baby's gender?... sure."

michonne sent us a weird glance, shaking her head at our words, "y'all are weird"

a small scoff escaped my lips as i looked over at her, "says the one who stole a cat statue."
_____________

"and we can work with the hilltop" rick started, glancing around the people gathered in the church, "melanie hammered out a deal."

i nodded, "we're getting food— eggs, butter, fresh vegetables. but they won't just give it away..."

"we do this for the hilltop, we can keep this place safe." kennedy chimed in from beside daryl, who had his arm wrapped around her shoulders.

i was happy for them... even after the fight with my sister. she deserved someone like him to keep her safe.